Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Statistics error (not getting data)

DanDevineDanDevine
edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I get the message the message the message BUT how do I fix it fix it fix it? Error message below:

The graph shown represents incomplete data. It is missing records from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end and from the end.

:-)

Version 2.0.17.3. This error shows up under the graph directly under the color key for the graph in Google Chrome for the Mac. It doesn't show up in Safari but in Safari I do not get any graph at all, just the animated "I'm doing something" icon.

Comments

• Are you testing locally?
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    This 'from the end' bug, I know whats causing it. I'll fix'r.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Is there an ETA for this fix?
  • Is there an ETA for this fix?
    Which version are you using at this moment? The latest version is 2.0.17.8

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I have the same problem and waiting for the fix...
  • As long as we don't know which version you have, we don't know if the problem is still active with 2.0.17.8
    @Tim did you fix the problem between january 21 and now?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I'm using Version 2.0.17.8. I have stats now, but I have the message "The graph shown represents incomplete data. It is missing records from the beginning." This may have something to do with the database abuse/changes I employed as part of my installation (I had to instantiate my user base from an external source rather than have them register themselves and may not have UPDATEd every appropriate field).

• thats more or less what im looking at too (running latest version)

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    hi guys, im using 17.8, sorry to ask this but, where can i find this statistic feature? i dont see any link in my dashboard page?
  • enable the plugin
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    was about to post that i found it. sorry :)
  • Evidently my stats are spontaneously working now. Go figure. They even show data since the 16th!
  • I don't get a graph at all, only: Failed to load statistics data for your installation. It's migrated from 2.0.14 to 2.0.17.8 and running on ubuntu.
  • I no longer get the repeating error message mentioned in the first post of this thread but I still get the line below and the statistic's graph doesn't appear correct:

"The graph shown represents incomplete data. It is missing records from the beginning and from the end."

Using Vanilla 2.0.17.8
  • Is this problem already fixed? I got the same message:
    "The graph shown represents incomplete data. It is missing records from the end."
  • I don't get any stats either, just the "Failed to load statistics data for your installation" message.

Saying that there are a few lists below where the graph should be or posts and users that seem to be updating but are clearly incomplete.

Running on IIS on a win2003 server
  • @rockwaldo - got the same problem here (running apache / ubuntu and upgraded from 2.0.14) keep me posted if you find the solution - will do the same for you
  • @rockwaldo @martz - I'm getting the same "Failed to load statistics data for your installation" error for 2.0.17.8. The forum is running across multiple load balanced servers, and each config.php has been updated to enable the plugin. I also had to add this line to get it to stop giving me a localhost error message (despite not being on localhost):

$Configuration['Garden']['Analytics']['AllowLocal'] = TRUE;

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
  • Can you tell us more about "multiple load balanced servers"?
    How large is your forum?
  • The forum is small, but we have a web app that is fairly large, which is the reason our servers are load-balanced.