Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

@Todd 'Vanilla Pages' what did you mean a plugin ?

edited January 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
'Vanilla Pages' what did you mean a plugin ?
Tagged:

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Not a plugin, but an application, so basically yes. More to come soon.
  • SS ✭✭
    Any news?
  • SS ✭✭
    :(
  • A new application for VanillaForums is created with which you can create just text pages. Like blogging, but then more simple I guess.
    It's still in development and all you can do is follow the commits on GitHub.
    @S : Just give the developers some extra time :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• SS ✭✭
    A new application for VanillaForums is created with which you can create just text pages. Like blogging, but then more simple I guess.
    I believe that simple text pages it is job for plugins, but @Todd said that there is application. It should be more complex (with permissions, multilanguaged, tree structure).
    Related issues on github:
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues#issue/763
    https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues#issue/788
    Hi guys. The application is what we use for our documentation here. Right now it has simple html pages with a few wiki conventions like [[...]] links and {{...}} templates.

I would like to release it at some point, but right now it's on the back-burner because we have some development for some large Vanilla installs we have to get done. This is important and will be good for Vanilla as a whole.

I'd say that our pages app is in alpha right now and is missing a few key features. I'd love to be able to make this kind of thing available right away, but am worried that we'd be inundated with feature requests and bug reports.

I could maybe just move the app to our addons repo, but not the download site with a disclaimer so that people that are more active in the community can have a look at it so far and maybe help fix some bugs. However, I won't be adding stuff for a while.

What do you think?
  • It is good idea.

May be it'll be possible to add integration with Vanilla (like i Addons app)?

May be also some preliminary lost of features that could result from your developments on this large installs?
    I think you are asking whether or not Pages will work with Vanilla. The answer is yes. When I say it is an application I mean it's an application like Vanilla and Conversations are applications. They all work together.

I'm not sure about your second question @tester13, but all of the stuff that we are working on right now will be released for you guys. We are mainly improving spam and moderation support to help manage larger sites.

We are also doing stuff for scalability which can be used on the downloaded product but probably won't be able to be used by people without dedicated servers or dedicated virtual servers and some advanced technical knowledge.
  • edited February 2011
    This is great news.
    As I am especially interested in changed suitable for very large forums with heavy load.
    Plus better categories managment and rendering is necessary for such sites also.
    For example, now if I click on category I see discussions, but no sub-categories.

Under integration I mean having all releated discussions below proper page.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Todd I like the idea of putting it in the repo for now. I have use for it as well and may be able to contribute to it in the meantime.