Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems after moving vanilla from one directory to another*

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've moved my vanilla from one directory to another directory in my server, and now its giving this error,

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/(notimportant)/html/applications/controllers/class.controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /(notimportant)/html/library/core/class.dispatcher.php on line 531

Where can I locate the file 'class.controller.php'?

I contacted my hosting provider, they said that they can't access my database, but they told me to change the connection string of my database.

Can anybody guide me how to configure the connection string?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    This error doesn't have anything to do with your database. PHP is just telling you that it cannot find the file "/(notimportant)/html/applications/controllers/class.controller.php"

You are probably on a shared host, so this path has been updated. As to where this is stored I'm not sure but hopefully it'll help you narrow down the issue.
  • @matthewkris
    Yes, this what I was confused of.

But according to hosting provider, I've to configure connection string :S

Anyhow, do you've any idea about the functionality of 'class.controller.php', and where can I find this file. I searched a lot but didn't fit it... bit confusing.
  • /(notimportant)/html/applications/(ahaaaaa)/controllers/class.controller.php"
    On the place of ahaaaa there should be a name of an application, like forum, vanilla, blog, you name it. Somehow that name of the application isn't found by vanilla. That is the problem.
    Is there no way you can make a new install of vanilla and then import the old database?
    and plugins?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Did you delete Vanilla's cache? I had a similar problem and deleting the cache seemed to solve it.
  • edited March 2011
    As mericson said, delete the entire cache. That should work. After that, make a new cache map that is writeable.
  • @UnderDog actually, installing new vanilla and importing database creates confusions.

@mericson No, I didn't delete it. Let me try it.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Just delete the *.ini files in your cache.