Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Flagging plugin - category doesn't count conversations

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I enabled moving of flagged content to a special category, which is a really nice feature of the Flagged plugin. Only issue is it doesn't show a count in the category list on the left for the flagged conversations, it always shows '0'.

I suppose the normal logic is to not count flagged messages, but for moderation purposes it would be really useful if the category holding flagged messages had a count so a moderator knows to go look at them.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @mericson You're using unstable branch, right?
  • No, I'm using 2.0.17.8
  • Happens for me as well.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I must be losing it. I could've sworn that feature didn't make it into 2.0.17.

I've been working on a deeper issue with Flagging / Vanilla permissions all day. I'll try to fix that too while I'm in here.
  • Thanks! Moving to a category does look a bit rough, and there really isn't any good moderation capabilities when it gets there. So, looking forward to the improved feature!
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Stuff coming in the next version of Flagging: Repeat flags get added as comments instead of all making discussions, and email notifications. Also, the discussion it creates is just a view (even in 2.0.17), so you can override it in your theme if you want to tidy it up :)
  • ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited February 2011
    They are going to be added as comments? I'm guessing only moderators can see that? Email notifications are going to be awesome! I can't wait until the Vanilla team adds more moderation tools and a mass emailing feature.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Added as comments to the discussion it starts the first time it's flagged. You select what category it posts to, so that's up to you to set permissions.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Fixed this in my fork. It'll turn up in unstable soon.
  • @Lincoln: Great work. Thanks.

• Any thoughts towards adding a new finer-grained permission for the flagged posts?