Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Settings page won't appear

tmilovantmilovan New
edited November 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi Lincoln,

I have tried to install both of your plugins (Formatting and DisussionPrefix) but for both of them plugin settings page is blank.

Of course, I have given my group permissions for your plugins.

I am running vanilla 2.0.14, and I have ported my forum from phpBB3 so my group ID's are different then ordinary Vanilla installation and maybe that causes the problem.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Same for me.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    So you checked "Formatting -> Manage" under "Garden" permission and saved? And after that you have no permission to view /plugin/formatting?

The plugins don't use RoleIDs so that should have no effect on it.
  • Options
    Yep. Same for DiscussionPrefix. I have a link for settings in sidebar but when I click on it blank page appears. No errors or anything :(.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I can't reproduce the problem and I have no idea what's going on.
  • Options
    Would you like me to get you an admin access to my forum?
  • Options
    Same for me. Both of Formatting and DiscussionPrefix.

Change class.formatting.plugin.php to:
       //public function Controller_Index(&$Sender) {    // blank screen
    public function Controller_Index($Sender) { // fixed

I don't know why that happened but it's solved now.

I'm using local XAMPP 1.7.3 (with PHP 5.3.1).
  • Options
    I get a "Page Not Found" when clicking "Settings" after I activate the plugin. Monkied around a bit with no luck, uninstalled.
  • Options
    Anybody figured this out yet? I too am getting a blank screen. I tried removing the '&' as shown above, but that just bonked me.