Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Possible bug in this forum

SubJunkSubJunk ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I went to the page, wrote a response, clicked "Post Comment" then another input box appeared below the original one. Then I clicked the original button again and it posted, with the post appearing below the original one but above the second one.
I took a screenshot of the broken page here:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I've seen it do that a couple times as well.
  • Just happened again, so it seems to be a common thing
  • ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Oh thank god, I'm not going crazy.

This is new to 2.0.17 It was introduced somewhere between the version before that cookie vuln and now.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I don't think it's particularly new, just very intermittent. I'm not clear on what the trigger is.
  • I'm getting it nearly all the time. Especially when using social connect login.
    I don't use pw login much, ill try to look to see if it really does change the freq.

• Still not fixed, it happened again just now
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We've been aware of this issue for some time, but due to being intermittent, it has been a hard one to track. My opinion is that there is some bad handling of timed-out or malformed responses to the post AJAX. This causes the duplicate form. We're gunna look at it.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• I haven't noticed it happening on my Vanilla 2 installations so yeah it's probably a server variable.
  • I've experienced this a few times myself, and at least one of my members has reported it happening to them as well.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    We had this happen on another site, the editor was causing the issue, because we were accidentally including two identical js files. Firebug helped us solve it, haven't seen it nice. We think it was cache causing the issue.