Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ermmmmm what the hell is happening?

gigingergiginger New
edited October 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My Forum

I'm getting a load of errors which I never had before and I haven't changed anything. Have my hosting company changed something?

Comments

• NickENickE New
    edited October 2005
    '/path/to/vanilla/library/Vanilla.Discussion.class.php' Is that really the path to your Vanilla files? Mayhaps you should take a look in your settings.php file and double check all paths are correct.
  • gigingergiginger New
    edited October 2005
    That's not the path. I can't understand why, after working for weeks it would suddenly change. I'll try a complete reinstall then...

EDIT: Well, I installed vanilla again to a different location and it's working. Clearly I did something wrong somewhere along the line.

Thanks SirNot for your quick reply :)
  • As a possible example to why it changed perhaps something went wrong at your host so they put a backup back on. Though they should have told you and it shouldnt have been that old. So who knows.
  • Just checked their "blog" nothing there.

They've been pissing me off in general my hosts actually.

I wanted to use SVG on my site and it wasn't working. Turns out they didn't have the MIME type correctly set up. I asked them to fix it and after a long winded discussion we ended up at them saying that the engineers were unable to change MIME types.

Hmmm.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited October 2005
    How is your database? I hope it's just your settings.php file that they've messed up. If your data is gone, I'd demand money back from your hosting company.
  • It all seems to be there. I don't have a very fast moving forum anyway.

Unless someone had posted since I last checked then nothing has changed.

I'll have to keep an eye on this situation. I've got a few sites hosted with them!
This discussion has been closed.