Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Computer junk sale....

edited November 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So my mums making me tidy up. Here's where to be to get some bargains... Think of something about 5 years old and i probably have it. So far i've dug up: 2x 18.2gig fujitsu SCSI drives Sony STD9000 tape streamer Scsi CDROM dual p2 motherboard (With scsi raid) double sided server case If anyone would like anything i'm taking offers of £1 and up...

Comments

• lechlech Chicagoland
    double sided server case? pics?
  • I'll get some when i'm home. It's basically a double width case divided in two with a mobo mount in one side and a shitton of room in the other for PSU's and drives in the other.
  • lechlech Chicagoland
    ahh, ok then, I was hoping it could host 2 ATX boards and then some. I'm always looking for a good, cheap, double sided case so I can throw some old parts in it :D
  • um. Well it could hold another atx board but all the ports would face inwards...
  • I'd be interested in the SCSI boards. I've an old IBM Intellistation that I currently use as a webserver that always needs more hard drive space. Don't spose you have a PIII 500 floating about as well ? Oh and some 512mb dimms.
  • Um, i'm pretty sure i have a p3 lying around somewhere, whether its a 500 or not (or infact whether it works) i'm not sure. I'll see if i can dig it out. As for the 512meg dimms, what speed? I have a ton of random ram (how coincidental) laying around but the older stuff likely isnt 512meg and the newer stuff i dont really wanna be giving away.
  • The IBM takes 100mhz memory. They don't have to be 512mb, just the bigger the better. I meant SCSI discs not boards btw.
  • edited October 2005
    FYI, the disks are Fujitsu MAA3182SP's if you'd like to check theyre the right type or whatever. I've never used scsi so i dont have much knowledge about it. As a pointer, all the parts listed made up an entire working system, although the mobo only had one CPU fitted and i havent as yet managed to get a pair running (though i see no reason they shouldnt) I got the system free from school and planned to setup a nix server or something to muck around with on it but i'm just too lazy and it's taking up way too much room. Perhaps i'll get a mini atx box to do the same job. Turns out i have 2 PC100 256meg DIMMs on my sofa. Not quite sure where they came from. I have a crazy amount of junk to say i didnt pay for any of it. I dont think.. Hmmmm. And i have some pics of it all but for some reason my phone doesnt want to connect as an external drive..so...hmmm...
  • Is the mboard a Supermicro ? I once built a 2x PIII 800 system using what sounds like a similar board. The SCSI drives should be OK. The IBM has 2 different connectors and I have a couple of adaptors floating about somewhere.
  • I cant find any ID on the board but i'm reasonably sure its an intel board. I'll have a better look later and google the random codes i find on it to see if i can come up with anything. Which country are you in, btw?
  • Mini, can I buy YOU, then I'd pet you.
  • if the price is right...
  • I'm in Cumbria, Northern England. Big place full of sheep :)
  • cumbria? no shit! That's about 3 stones throw from here.
  • Mini! Don't throw stones, they aggravate the sheep.
  • FYI i just found another 2 sticks of what i think is pc100 (one 64 and i guess the other is 256) and a couple of pc133.
  • I have an old P120 hanging around somewhere I think. Vintage stuff.

Maybe NASA will want it?
This discussion has been closed.