HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Moderator's "Escalate" button, how do I not hack the core? :(

LKDLKD
edited August 2011 in Root
ok. I'm about to go live with Vanilla, but have a challenge. I want to give moderators the ability to flag a specific discussion for escalation. Not the "abuse" kind of escalation, more like the "we really need to address this problem" kind of escalation. Ideally, we'd like to add it to the drop down moderator's menu for each discussion, but it seems like you need to modify Garden to do that.

Am I missing something?

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    O wow, that's an excellent idea!
    Next version we also are getting merge and split functionalities, so this one should be in that range. @Mark @Tim @Todd
    Look at how "Announce" is working at the moment, I think that you could do something similar to your "move up" / escalate functionality.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    O wow, that's an excellent idea!
    Next version we also are getting merge and split functionalities, so this one should be in that range. @Mark @Tim @Todd
    Look at how "Announce" is working at the moment, I think that you could do something similar to your "move up" / escalate functionality.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You mean like Flagging? We have a plugin that starts a new discussion in a specified category when a member or user clicks "Flag" on a comment.
  • We've built a plugin that adds an "Escalate" to the Vanilla discussion options, rather than fiddling with the drop down (this approach makes more sense anyway). We'll hand it over once we get it cleaned up!