Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Add custom .css and .js files to a default.master.php

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi all,

I have created a forum design and have it in custom HTML format.

I want to use Vanilla as the brains behind the design. I have currently:

- Setup a copy of the 'default' folder, renamed it and have it selected as my current theme.
- Copied 'default.master.php' to my themes 'views' folder.

I now have a few questions to get me going if somebody could help:

- What is the best way to add 'reset.css' file, 'custom.css' and 'ie.css' files to the master header.
- I also want to add some custom .js files to my header. Is adding them to the root 'js' folder a bad idea (incase they are overwritten in future updates)?
- Can I use SMARTY code within Vanilla? I was under the impression I could but the default.master.php is a .php file not a SMARTY .tpl?

If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it, any other tips before I start would be great too.

thanks.

Answers

• Never mind, I managed to write a custom hook file and use the AddCss & AddScript functions.

I am now using SMARTY too as i copied the BrandFriendly theme.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Nice!
  • @danlaw86 could you write short explanation on how you did the themehook+addscript ?
  • @nepwk I will try my best.

Basically I created a file in my theme folder called 'class.*********themehooks.php' - Replace ********** with your theme name.

Here is the contents of the file:
    http://pastebin.com/eLNJt6Pi

Replace MyThemeName with your theme name.

Hope that helps.

• i want to enter adsense script at the end of the first discussion

Ex. Here it is started with Hi all, and ended with thanks. I want to enter the adsense after thanks, or before thanks. I tried the method you said, I used
    class DefaultThemeHooks extends Gdn_Plugin {

But script tag is stripped.