HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] What's happened to my account?

edited August 2011 in Feedback
I'm sorry to take up a discussion topic on my personal problems, but I don't know any other way to get to Admin.

I have been a member under the name ercatli for 5 years, and now I am unable to login. The message I get is "Sorry, permission denied." If I enter a deliberately wrong password, I get the different message "Sorry, no account could be found related to the email/username and password you entered."

So I am assuming my login has been prevented for some reason other than a wrong password.

I have been absent from the forum for several years, and returned only recently. I had problems logging in, and couldn't find any old posts so I assumed you have revamped the forum and required everyone to re-regiater. So I re-registered under this unkleE name. But when I subsequently found that my old account was still active, I reverted to using it.

I am wondering if my unintentionally having two accounts was the reason for being denied permission, in which case may I apologise and ask for my original account back (it is easier to find old information) and you can trash this account.

Or, if there is some other reason for being denied access, can you please let me know. Or if it is just a glitch, perhaps you can repair it please?

Thanks

ercatli aka unkleE

PS While typing this message I kept getting a message box saying "{"Code":401,"Exception":"You don't have permission to do that."} and everything would hang up until I closed the box. Am I going mad or is something funny going on? Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thank you for your post. I'll mention @Tim @Lincoln and @Mark to see if they can resolve the problem.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I've unbanned the account as I can see no reason it should've been banned. I'd chalk it up to moderator accident or our haphazard testing/upgrades here. It was particularly odd because the account wasn't even in the Banned role, it had some new 'Banned' box checked I've never seen before.

Anywho, should be fixed now. You can reach me at lincoln@vanillaforums.com if you run into a problem like that again.
  • Thanks. It's fixed now. Very curious.