Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Remove "Activity"

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey,

Just wondering, how do I remove the "Activity" link from the top of my forum - I don't want my forum members knowing who signs up and when...

Doesn't anyone else feel that... ?

Comments

• Remove where it says {activity_link} in the default.master.tpl file. That is located in the themes/"themename"/views/ in my current theme and hopefully yours too.
  • I notice that some links are smart about permissions, they don't display the link if the permission isn't granted, like {dashboard}

I believe there is a way to test for the permission and conditionally include {activity} in the template. Can someone share?
  • Remove where it says {activity_link} in the default.master.tpl file. That is located in the themes/"themename"/views/ in my current theme and hopefully yours too.
    I'm using the default theme and I don't have a "views" folder. Can you advise?
  • I wouldn't change a file...
    Instead go to the Dashboard-->Roles&Permissions-->Clik on "Edit" for members-->And uncheck view "activity"
    I would repeat the steps for the other type of users, such as Guests and Applicants
    domino_katie
  • Well, I can't edit. I've seen that the link doesn't disappear...
    When you click you got something like
    Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

But the link is still there.

Sorry!
  • edited October 2011
    I wouldn't change a file...
    Instead go to the Dashboard-->Roles&Permissions-->Clik on "Edit" for members-->And uncheck view "activity"
    I would repeat the steps for the other type of users, such as Guests and Applicants
    Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Edit: correct, link doesn't disappear but it doesn't show the activity, instead prompting for sign in/registration which is fine. Thanks again.
  • But how can we delete a link in the sidebar with the default template?

• application/dashboard/views/default.master.php

Remove --> // $this->Menu->AddLink('Activity', T('Activity'), '/activity', FALSE, array('class' => 'Activity'));