Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to insert a Youtube Video into my Topic?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi All.

I tried to just post the URL as shown here:
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/136816#Comment_136816

But it did not work. It was posted as a link not a video.

How can I embed video to my post?
Tagged:

Answers

• My forum has that issue too - I think its a bug related to CLEditor.
  • Any solution?
  • Hello?
  • 能发中文么?
  • YouTube?
  • I'm eagerly awaiting a response, too. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't, even with the same video involved.
  • I'm eagerly awaiting a response, too. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't, even with the same video involved.
    Thank you @confUser.

Any solution?
  • Nope not yet. Devs are slow. Prolly like 2 of em.
  • If you think it's a bug then there should be a bugreport for it on gitHub. If there is a bugreport you can see what they are doing with it, assigning it to a version or for a future version. No bugreport, no progress report.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

I have the exact same problem. It's quite frustrating because my forum relies heavily on users being able to embed videos.
  • In /conf/config-defaults.php

check

$Configuration['Garden']['Format']['YouTube'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['Vimeo'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Format']['EmbedSize'] = 'normal'; // tiny/small/normal/big/huge or WIDTHxHEIGHT
  • all there
  • What happens when you simply post the embed code ?
  • works fine with posting embed code, every time.
  • ok, thats what I do too, probly easier for most people.

were you using a plugin that offers youtube tags? and that wasnt working?
  • no but AFAIK just pasting the youtube URL into your comment, vanilla ought to auto-embed it. ive seen it done a few times but never reliably.
  • I dont know if thats inbuilt functionality or not, probably is a plugin to do it, or if your a code Einstein you might be able to tweak yours?
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011

Just enter the youtube url in the post, naked. Not you... The link lol

There was an error rendering this rich post.