Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it time to upgrade to Vanilla 2.0.18

LeftBrainLeftBrain ✭✭
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I see the thread for the new launch but I'm unsure if I should upgrade. There are no particular problems with the 2.0.17 release that I'm using however, if there are cool updates that would make my site better, I'm all for it. So...is it time to upgrade?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you don't want to test new software and provide feedback I wouldn't update yet. It's still in beta, soon to be release candidate. That means there still might be bugs that the devs are hoping can be found by early adopters.

If you want to be an early adopter, by all means install the new version and help report bugs!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    I would say no. If you're fine with 2.0.17, please wait for at least the RC. The beta still has known bugs.

Answers

• ddumontddumont ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you don't want to test new software and provide feedback I wouldn't update yet. It's still in beta, soon to be release candidate. That means there still might be bugs that the devs are hoping can be found by early adopters.

If you want to be an early adopter, by all means install the new version and help report bugs!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    I would say no. If you're fine with 2.0.17, please wait for at least the RC. The beta still has known bugs.
  • Thanks! You guys are great.