Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Email Alert

If anyone could help with suggestions on what I can do, the dicussion email alerts get set out to members but, when it gets to their emails its filled with bunch of codes, how do I make it plain text and even if it is in html, how do I fix it so it does not show them bunch of codes.

Thanks! Good People

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    No, I've got to draw the line at going onto your server and troubleshooting your issues for you. I've been burned in the past.

Answers

I honestly can't see how this would happen because we only send plain text emails. Can you paste or PM me an example?
  • I PM u the content, its a bunch of html tags which is the exact message content but the issue is users receive the email alert of the message in html codes
    By default that new discussion notification doesn't display the discussion body, but yours does. Are you using a plugin to do this?
  • No, not using any plug in... should I PM you the admin login if you could look into it please? thanks!
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    We had similar issue with this years ago, was doctype and utf settings. Plus mailsend . Hope you get it sorted,

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answer ✓
    No, I've got to draw the line at going onto your server and troubleshooting your issues for you. I've been burned in the past.
  • whats options do we have in terms of fixing this?
  • By default that new discussion notification doesn't display the discussion body
    was doctype and utf settings. Plus mailsend

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• which file contains the setting for it? Thanks!