Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hack which version of jQuery we run

422422 Developer MVP
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I understand Vanilla utilises the version of jQuery required for stability, but wondered where I can over ride this for testing purposes. Plus we use CDN's for our jQuery stuff.

Would just like to know where jQuery is instantiated, so that I may edit ( temporarily ) to test some new functionality changes.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Try the pagespeed plugin. It allows you to set the version, run off google CDN as well as other optimisations.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    If you are just testing you can just replace the /js/library/jquery.js file.

If you want to do your own in a plugin try the following:
    public function Base_Render_Before($Sender) {
    $Sender->RemoveJsFile('jquery.js');
    $Sender->AddJsFile('http://...');
    }
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    We are just testing,
    If you are just testing you can just replace the /js/library/jquery.js file.
    I just cannot see where that is being called .. any clues ;) please.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Try the pagespeed plugin. It allows you to set the version, run off google CDN as well as other optimisations.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Thanks x00

• 422422 Developer MVP
    hmm.. downloaded useful functions and pagespeed, totally cacked up css.. then to retrieve sent us thru a whole array of bonks. Think I will wait until its bug free Cheers anyway

• x00x00 MVP
    edited October 2011
    Did you enable both? You shouldn't run other minify programs at the same time. You can also dissable the css minification for now.

I found it generally quite good, with a few counter intuitive things. I recommend using.

$Configuration['Plugins']['PageSpeed']['AllInOne']=1; don't use TRUE.

in the CDN jQuery version you simply put the number ie 1.6

grep is your friend.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Note that 2.0.18 updates to the latest version of jQuery.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    Thanks Lincoln

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    Guys, this is really ticking me off now.

We load jquery in from our CDN , we do not want or need to host jquery.

Without integrating page speed this or that, all I wish to do, is get rid of

from our code, and load it in via our own url, plus we need to position jquery at a point in the page different from vanilla.

This is because our site is php, and we have integrated vanilla into our site not using embed.
    So jquery needs to be loaded above all other js. If you can just tell me specifically where I can get rid of the above line , I will be a happy bugger

Ste

Done it, god I am a half wit.

• SS ✭✭
    totally cacked up css..
    Did you mean "cracked" or "caked"?
  • cack as in crap.

grep is your friend.

• Oh yeah