Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Public release of ButtonBar

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Any chance of getting a public release of the ButtonBar plugin used on these forums?

CLEditor/WYSIWYG are too much. I really just want an old school buttonbar ala vanilla 1.x that now exists on these forums, but isn't in the addon database.

Best Answer

Answers

• Well I like it a lot so there's my vote :)
  • ddumontddumont ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Mine too... GIMMIE GIMMIE!!! :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Yes please! Have been hoping something like this would come out for Vanilla ever since I discovered Vanilla.

An option to switch between plain code insertion (as it is now) and Javascript prompts that ask for what's needed if necessary (i.e., URL title and link) would be cool too.
  • It's neat.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    An option to switch between plain code insertion (as it is now) and Javascript prompts that ask for what's needed if necessary (i.e., URL title and link) would be cool too.
    In the textbox, ctrl+shift+l

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• That would be fantastic. CLeditor is overkill and seems to cause a few bugs on mobile phones/embedded pages.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    +1 i love the button bar

• edited November 2011
    If you really can't/don't want to wait for a public release:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Addons/tree/master/plugins/ButtonBar

You just have to hack out the required vanilla version. It's working with my 2.0.18.1 version.
    You also shouldn't expect support with it if it does break.

Just found this repo, can't wait for whispers to be back.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    YOU FOUND THE SECRET REPO NO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO -

Oh wait yeah we did that on purpose ;)

Whispers actually works fine as far as I know, we just haven't done an official release because of support request concerns. If someone will double-pinky-swear to help with bug fixes in it I might be persuaded to upload it to Addons here.
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    Will check it out later @lincoln

• YOU FOUND THE SECRET REPO NO YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO -
    I assumed, and hoped not to get smited for being incorrect if someone messed up a public/private repo.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I assumed, and hoped not to get smited for being incorrect if someone messed up a public/private repo.
    Yeah I was just playing. That's our place for all released/public addons that don't get distributed with core. It's been public since day 1.

You wouldn't want access to our private addons repo. It's a mess. :D
  • Interestingly this works great on my forum in all browsers apart from ie9. In ie9 the buttons list vertically and fall under the box. Everything else is fine.

Weirdly on this forum it looks fine. If I work out the fix I'll let you guys know.
    I've moved this into Vanilla Core, master branch. It will go out with Vanilla 2.1.

Until then, download ButtonBar for 2.0.18 here.

This discussion has been closed.