Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

persistant Email confirmation

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a problem similar to that described here
http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16818
Except it is happening on MY forum.

The problem is that when a user confirms their email, there is still a box in the bottom left asking them to confirm their email. i have confirmed several times but this box continues to appear.
The confirmation link in the email takes me to a page saying my confirmation was successful.

I have tried with two dummy user accounts and i have tried on firefox, IE and Chrome.

anyone encountered and fixed this problem before?

could it be related to a number of plugins i installed? Or is it related to recaptcha?

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

It sounds like you may have the same role set up for email confirmation and default members which should not be the case. Try the following:

1. Go to registration and make a note of your email confirmation role. It should be something called "Confirm Email" or a similar name.
    2. Browse to /role/defaultroles.
    3. Look for your default member role. It should be something like "Member".
    4. If these aren't your default roles then set them up to be like that.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

It sounds like you may have the same role set up for email confirmation and default members which should not be the case. Try the following:

1. Go to registration and make a note of your email confirmation role. It should be something called "Confirm Email" or a similar name.
    2. Browse to /role/defaultroles.
    3. Look for your default member role. It should be something like "Member".
    4. If these aren't your default roles then set them up to be like that.
  • Cool.
    That "confirm email" role is set up, but it is not an option in Registration/email confirmation role. Only Member, moderator and administrator show up in that drop box.
    But, i worked around it by creating a new role "New member" which has the same access as "confirm email" member. However, this one does show up in the drop box and can be allocated.
    Thanks Todd.