HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sniping a comment made by Tim... a request for you guys

ddumontddumont ✭✭
What most people (all people?) who post here seem to have a rough time understanding is that we *want* a TON of things for Vanilla. Literally a metric ****ton of things. Good things. Cool things. *Amazing* things.

We want these amazing things very very badly. It's not like we're running out of ideas and just sitting here playing scrabble with each other. We're actively working, 10+ hours a day on a bunch of different things. But there are 3 of us coding.

We. Don't. Have. Infinite. Time.
Christmas time is almost here. And while I'm no santa, and I can't get you more time for christmas, I might be able to help here and there with some of the cool ideas you want so badly.

Please post a list of your roadmap, who's working on what, and when you think it will be done. (using milestones on github might be a good way to start)

I can look it over and take some of the low hanging fruit till I get more experience with the core inner workings of things.

I'm sure other ppl who hang out here will find the info invaluable even if not for directly helping you.

I know, I know... it does sound like more work for you guys... but I have to think you already have some plans written down somewhere. ;)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Well that's a very nice offer and I'll have to think more deeply on it.

One thing on the js side of things off the top of my head is I'd really like to see our jquery.popup.js cleaned up. We programmed that way early on, adapting it from a standard popup plugin, but it has way too many options and is kind of a mess right now. One thing it doesn't have though is the ability for popups to open links within the popup which I'd like to see.

As for other low-hanging fruit, I'll have to think on that, but maybe other people have stuff they want.

Answers

• Btw, I'm growing to hate php... so I'm especially interested on any client side js type things you have in plan.

Answer ✓
    Well that's a very nice offer and I'll have to think more deeply on it.

One thing on the js side of things off the top of my head is I'd really like to see our jquery.popup.js cleaned up. We programmed that way early on, adapting it from a standard popup plugin, but it has way too many options and is kind of a mess right now. One thing it doesn't have though is the ability for popups to open links within the popup which I'd like to see.

As for other low-hanging fruit, I'll have to think on that, but maybe other people have stuff they want.
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2011
    I thought you were going to develop something that snipes Tim, like the function that electrocutes Lincoln. ;)

grep is your friend.

• @Todd Santa wants to know your wish list :)

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

x00 said:
    electrocutes Lincoln. ;)

easy : http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17848/vanillicon-down

• 422422 Developer MVP

I would love to see , @username autocomplete.

@422 makes a good point. If I could get autocomplete help for these textareas then there's a log we could do with it. Doing this type of thing gives me hives though as I just know it'll get the ie6&7 support requests to start flooding in.

Still, I'd take it if we could get some good autocomplete help.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Will take a look at this over the holidays.

Love the way livefyre works. It's perfect for text areas.

The other thing I'd love to see is to get our autogrow fixed up. I really think it's overly complex and possible the cause of slowdown on older browsers. I think it's be nice to have autogrow just make textareas resizable on old ie without the complexity.