Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problem with «Invited by» line in «About» section of profile page

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I use link without number (example.com/profile/user2) to open a profile page, in «About» section displays:
... Invited by user1 Posts 42

But if I use link with number (example.com/profile/2/user2), then I see only one line:
... Invited by Posts 42

The also problem occurs with disabled plugins (IPTracking, Post Count) and a standard theme. If I'm not mistaken, I need a file theme/[my_theme]/views/modules/userinfo.php, but I can't find the error. This is my userinfo.php: http://pastebin.com/NSS37yKr

Thank you and sorry my bad english, please.

Tagged:

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    edited December 2011

public function UserQuery($SafeData = FALSE) {
          if ($SafeData) {
             $this->SQL->Select('u.UserID, u.Name, u.Photo, u.About, u.Gender, u.CountVisits, u.InviteUserID, u.DateFirstVisit, u.DateLastActive, u.DateInserted, u.DateUpdated, u.Score, u.Admin, u.Deleted, u.CountDiscussions, u.CountComments');
          } else {
             $this->SQL->Select('u.*');
          }
          $this->SQL->Select('i.Name', '', 'InviteName')
             ->From('User u')
             ->Join('User as i', 'u.InviteUserID = i.UserID', 'left');
       }

You can see here it only ask for the InviteName in the left join, and that function works off an ID.

grep is your friend.

• sorry ignore that

grep is your friend.

• Should I create an issue on GitHub about it?

• yep

grep is your friend.

• I set my vanilla registration method to "invitation" and noticed the same problem too. Hope there will be a fix for this.

• PamelaPamela ✭✭

+1 :-( noticed also it