Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Hi, I uploaded Kudos but it's not showing up - what am I doing wrong?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi, I uploaded kudos to my plugins and it's not showing up - I can't enable it because it doesn't show up in the plugins. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓

when you unzip, are you sure you are uploading the folder 'kudos' and not whatever the downloaded file name is called, as the correct folder is usually another folder in. It should be the folder with either default.php or class.kudos.plugin.php in it. Also check that one of those is actually in there

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓

No worries, yes it is my favourite, although I was planning on tweaking it a bit to give a better all round experience, as at the moment liking/+1ing something feels a bit shallow and empty.

Answers

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓

when you unzip, are you sure you are uploading the folder 'kudos' and not whatever the downloaded file name is called, as the correct folder is usually another folder in. It should be the folder with either default.php or class.kudos.plugin.php in it. Also check that one of those is actually in there

• Options

OK, let me check, thanks so much clethrill!

• Options

The first folder says kudos-plugin-3-0. Inside that folder is _MACOSX and Kudos. Do I need to move Kudos up one level and just delete the macosx file?

PS, some of my other plugins work.

• Options

Tried that, and it worked! Thanks clethrill! So I have another question, is this your favorite plugin for this sort of thing - giving the users a way to give other users a ranking of sorts? Or is there something you like more?

• Options
    clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    Answer ✓

No worries, yes it is my favourite, although I was planning on tweaking it a bit to give a better all round experience, as at the moment liking/+1ing something feels a bit shallow and empty.