Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Invision Board

AK3AK3
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How do I import an Invision board forum into Vanilla?

Answers

• Options

You would need to convert to phpbb first and then to vanilla forums.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hey @AK3 would you mind sending me a dump of your database to try my hand at building an exporter? I couldn't guarantee it'd be done in time for you to use if you're on a deadline though. It's a low priority at the moment, but I'm interested in working on it soon.

• Options

How would you like me to send it to you?

I don't have set deadline, but my question would be - if I were to start using Vanilla forums for our website, would it be possible to IMPORT into a live database as such once this might be completed. This is a big consideration for me in switching over...just want to make sure its possible.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Just zip it up and email it to me (email on my profile).

Currently the importer is set up to assume a 1-time import that wipes existing data. It would require significant modifications to do a live import on the fly.

• Options
    edited January 2012

I realised you have to be running IPB 2.x in order to convert to phpBB and then Vanilla. There must be an easier route. I'd be interested in helping you with our database Lincoln - we have a DB of 28k posts and 23k members.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

@ApexLee Sure, send it on over.

• Options

I also have an IPB forum, and would really love to move to Vanilla. Can you help me out too?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Again, the same information as above applies.

The more databases I have to test, the better I can build an importer.