Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Karma Bank

x00x00 MVP
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This is reputation linked virtual currency. Simple rules can be used to reward based on various user meta meeting certain conditions. This is only the beginning so bare with.

This plugin anticipates all the reputation based addons, like badges that will come out, and is implemented in the most flexible way, so that it doesn't have to rely on hooks being there, instead it create virtual event by listening to user meta.

It will also be able to be extended. Have a look at KarmaBankMetaMap event in the MetaMap method for hints. CheckKarma is where the magic happens.

Simple payment API coming shortly.

Please sponsor any features you would like.

grep is your friend.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

Ooh looks ace will check it out.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I get an error message saying.. "Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key|Gdn_Database|Query|alter table GDN_KarmaRules add RuleID int not null auto_increment"

• what's a great plugin! Cool!
    Thanks so much, x00

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012

x4135 said:
    I get an error message saying.. "Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key|Gdn_Database|Query|alter table GDN_KarmaRules add RuleID int not null auto_increment"

I try to avoid this by

if(!Gdn::Structure()->Table('KarmaRules')->ColumnExists('RuleID'))
            Gdn::Structure()
                ->Table('KarmaRules')
                ->PrimaryKey('RuleID')
                ->Set();

Unfortunately unlike most structure changes it can't check to see if the column already exists, and just be silent. So I will have to drop whatever key it has.

For now set you error low, debug off.

grep is your friend.

• the problem is now fixed

grep is your friend.

• There are the associated locale definitions:

Enabled
    Disabled
    Meta
    Make transaction of
    Transaction
    Date
    Balance
    You do not have any Karma yet.
    Reward / Tax
    Karma Bank
    Settings/Rules
    Karma Bank Settings
    Karma Bank

You can also translate specific rules like:

Starting Balance
    CountComments Every 2

As well as the default date format, of course.

grep is your friend.

• I've made the translation of transaction type bit easier/more versalile

So instead of translating each rule e.g. CountComments Every 2 you can translate CountComments and Every.

To change the order of the words set like so

$Definition['CountComments.Order']='%3$s %2$s %1$s';

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012

If you are less than v0.9.4b, unfortunately you are goign to have to drop all Gnd_Karma* tables. before upgrading. The recreate your rule. Sorry there is no way round this.

grep is your friend.

• edited February 2012

Great job guys!

Is there a way to show the Karma balance inside discussions along with other meta info such as how the show post count plug-in works?

• yes it is possible, that plugin gives you an idea of how you might do it in a plugin or themehook. Would you like to sponsor a check box option to include it, in this plugin?

I'm also offering user permissions (some people might not want their karma to be public), and a bunch of other stuff that other people might be interested in sponsoring.

Obviously the more people that sponsor, is good, and also you are contributing something to the development.

grep is your friend.

• I'll sponsor it depending on the overall quality of the plugin or themehook.

Great idea to have an option to show or hide karma balance! But in the meantime, considering the plug-in is new and most people are starting off with the default balance... this isn't a priority, IMO.

Everything about this plug-in is exciting :)

• The quality should be fine you are simply add to the user meta, by I away honour every job, to spec.

grep is your friend.

• sent you a PM

• Could we have a highlight of what's coming next? :)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012

It depends on the direction people want. Obviously I'm going to develop a simple payment API, but I won't start on that till an applicable related feature/project comes up.

grep is your friend.

• This is really good stuff, mate. I am looking forward to badge integration.

• Very nice plugin indeed!!!!

Feature Requested : Add a description every time you reward/tax people!

Thanks a lot & keep up the good work, mate!

• could you please add a feature to karma bank that lets users transfer karma to eachother? Oh and also mabie interigate it with one of the file atachment addons to let users buy and sell atachments with karma if they wish. :) that would be so awesome! Thanks if you read and consider this. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

• hungle88 said:
    Very nice plugin indeed!!!!

good idea! :) I second this

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2012

connorbp said:

hungle88 said:
    Very nice plugin indeed!!!!

good idea! :) I second this

I this is being sponsored and is imminent

grep is your friend.