Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussions and Routing Question

talaysentalaysen New
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Fresh install of Vanilla,
When clicking on a Discussion title, it always takes you to the very last post in the thread. Same thing with routed items.

Is there a way I can make it always direct users to the first comment/post in a thread?
(This is particularly important to me for the pages that I'm using routes, as I need users to see the content in the first post before they reply).

Thanks a bunch!

Best Answer

• jspautschjspautsch ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Technically it always takes you to the first UNREAD post, so if they're reading a discussion for the first time it should take them to the subject post so they can read it. Afterwards it will take them to the end. Doesn't that work?

Answers

• jspautschjspautsch ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Technically it always takes you to the first UNREAD post, so if they're reading a discussion for the first time it should take them to the subject post so they can read it. Afterwards it will take them to the end. Doesn't that work?

• talaysentalaysen New
    edited March 2012

Wow, I wasn't aware that was how it functioned,

but that makes absolute and perfect sense. :D

Thanks so much.