Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What is your plugin wish list? Let's make it come true!

13»

Comments

• Options
    • Auto backup plugin
  • Options

BobuSumisu said:
    I would (just lik bobtheman) really like a mass user management plugin!

I have a rather large list of users and posts from our in-house developed webapp I really want to import into Vanilla, but haven't found any elegant solution to this :(

bobtheman said:
    Mass management. Pruning users, deleting multiple threads/users. stuff for very large forums.

i am with the 2 bobs: i would LOVE something like the old MembersList add-on by @SubJunk

• Options

*a like button beside the comment button in activity section

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

@hellomama

go to the activity page and run this in your console

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $(".AddComment").append('<input id="Likeit" class="Button" value="Like">');
    });

it does exactly what you said you wanted.

*a like button beside the comment button in activity section

you may want to define more of what you want. do you already use a plugin that puts like buttons anywhere. If so that would be a good start. For example can anybody modify such and such plugin. If you want to somebody to do work for free - you've got to help them out even more than if you are paying for (sponsoring) the plugin or mod.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

First of all, thank you for your respone.
    It seem like you are mad at me. I'm sorry for being that rude. It's my first time asking for help in a forum, before that, I usually search the web wether the answer availabe. I don't want to mind somebody.
    So to be more detail, I think you can modify the Liked Plugin. At the moment, it only provide the "like" button in the discussion section. That would be great if the plugin also give an other one on activity section?

• Options

Sorry again ==. It's not Liked Plugin. It's I Like This Plugin

• Options

@ hellomama

First of all, thank you for your respone. It seem like you are mad at me.

I don't think anybody is mad at you and your request is valid.

I was just pointing out (somewhat over the top), that it is important to put as much information into your requests, so perhaps someone may take on your project.

In this case it would probably be appropriate to post this comment as a request for a mod under the plugin, since it relates to the plugin and perhaps the plugin author will suggest a mod. hbf wrote the plugin.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/likethis-plugin

occasionally developers will make the mods as they see fit and if they have the time. @hbf see above two comments.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

1st off, I'm not sure i understand the request to begin with. Are you talking about the activity tab on your profile? thats just a list of things that have happened on the site (that the vanilla dev's thought would be relevant to you but instead is just useless noise) im not sure what the point of 'liking' an activity notification.

That said, it's released as open source, if you want to open the hood feel free, but unless you can convince me that this is a functionality that i personally need in my life (or you want to pay me oodles of money) i don't think I'll be taking this one on. sorry about that.

• Options

@hbf said:
    1st off, I'm not sure i understand the request to begin with. Are you talking about the activity tab on your profile? thats just a list of things that have happened on the site (that the vanilla dev's thought would be relevant to you but instead is just useless noise) im not sure what the point of 'liking' an activity notification.

I'm not 100% sure but I think he means comments that are made on the activity page either of the forum or on the profile activity of a user.

• Options

@hbf I think it will be useful in a forum of small community, around 50-100 people, where everyone knows each others. I know it's very noise when it comes up with a huge community, a big mess. But with a small group, it's a easy way to share ideas and appreciate people, like facebook. The problem in vanilla forum is that it shows everyone's activity, the users can't choose which one's activity can showed up in their page.

• Options

@hbf. I forgot ==", about the like button, this is where I think it should be addimage

Like.bmp 772.5K
  • Options

Auto backup plugin. It's really necessary!

• Options

@Almaz said:
    Auto backup plugin. It's really necessary!

It isn't really the responsibility of a web framework to do this. That is like the tail wagging the dog.

If you are webmaster, you should learn basic web admin, create cron jobs such as to to do databases dumps, etc, better still get some redundancy, and use a professional external backup service, which will cover all software installed on your server.

Yes you do get plugins like this in wordpress, etc. But it flawed concept for two reasons: You can't assume that framework itself will be available or stable for a backup, and it isn't the responsibility of a framework to have primary control over the server files an data. In fact is damn right insecure and bad practice.

grep is your friend.

• Options

and also it is often the most inefficient and resource sapping way to do it.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2014

We have one; it's called Cloud Hosting. :)

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited July 2014

This post is so old... @linc and I were not working for Vanilla when it started. Ahhh, the joys of necro-posters.