Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Extracting Themes and Add Ons

2»

Answers

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

If you are seeing the macosx folder then the tool you are using to unzip is likely giving you a garbage output... try using 7-zip.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@BulliesofNC

You can't use File Manager in cPanel to upload an entire folder - it is only desinged to do one file at a time.

If you have the same options as I do, in the Files section in cPanel, where you can see File Manger, you should see an option for Unlimited FTP.

Use that to upload the entire folder.

If you haven't got Unlimited FTP check if you have another ftp option instead.

• 422422 Developer MVP

If hs using filemanager, he could also upload the plugin zip to hs plugins directory and unzip there.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@422

Yep, that would do it!

@BulliesofNC

With the zip file uploaded to the plugins folder, right click and choose 'Extract' and it will create the right folder and extract the files.

• @whu606

You're right! I knew there was something wrong with not being able to upload the entire folder from my file manager. Once I got your first reply I looked for an unlimited FTP folder which my host didn't have. So I looked for one online and downloaded it. I ended up using Firezilla which worked perfectly. I was able to connect to my server and drag the entire folder to it's proper location. I checked it to see if the plugin was listed in the Forum Dashboard and it worked Perfectly!

Yes, I gave up on this a few months back but I'm real glad I reached out again for help. Thanks so much!

Problem Solved.