Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What .php file contains the content for the "Email Confirmed" page?

I can't find the file that generates the

"Confirm Email... Your email has been successfully confirmed." 

page in Views or Modules folders of either GDN/Vanilla or my theme...

can someone direct me to this file? I'd like to add a button for "create new discussion" to it.

TIA.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

my last attempt to show you grep

grep -ri "Your email has been successfully confirmed" *
    vanilla# applications/dashboard/views/entry/emailconfirm.php:      echo T('Your email has been successfully confirmed.');

YWITP
    you're welcome in the past

don't overlook the dashboard it has lots of views.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• your last attempt to show me grep? grep as in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep ?

WHOAH.

I will seek out this grep you speak of. I didn't realize you showed me grep before. Sorry if I was obtuse.

I long for grep.

I have messed with various applications trying to find a simple way to search through codebases so I don't have to ask questions like this. So MANY thanks for the ref (unless it's only for linux, in which case still thanks but I'll be sad on my lame windowsness. Honestly I might reformat a computer just to get grep if it's needed.)

• no Cygwin had a grep and la lot of other good utilities for windows. If you have a spare partition or harddisk I recommend dowloading ubuntu also and installing to an old pc, it is easier to install than vanilla. And there are thousands of free applications and utilities.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Awesome. Thx.

• DanielSchulzJackson said:
    I have messed with various applications trying to find a simple way to search through codebases so I don't have to ask questions like this.

If you want to search through codebases on Windows use NotePad++ it's really easy.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

For Windows there is also AgentRansack which is quick and easy to use.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You'll want to add a new translation for it in conf/locale.php, not edit the php files.

• edited July 2012

@lincoln, I'm not looking to simply change the language, I'm looking to add an html button link for Create New Discussion, similar to one on the main forum page.

@everyone, thanks for the great grep-tool references.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2012

You can do that via the locale file.

Trust me. Do. Not. Edit. Core. Files. It leads only to a world of despair.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

e.g. you could change things like this

try it - in your discussions page and see how most recent by changes.

put either of these defintions in /conf/locale.php

//  putting a button with  Most recent by (doesn't make sense but an example.)
    $Definition['Most recent by %1$s']= '<input id="Form_Go" class="Button" type="submit" value="Go"> Most recent by %1$s';

$Definition['Most recent by %1$s']= '<a href="http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20359/annotated-plugin-how-to-write-a-plugin-for-how-to-set-guest-to-view-title-only-and-not-content#latest" rel="nofollow">Need help writing a Plugin</a> Most recent by %1$s';

Keep up the tips we never think about Lincoln. It would be cool if you guys started a Tips discussion and teach us new tricks like these.