Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I Remove Vanilla copyright footer ?

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Due the license

Is it possible to remove the copyright footer ?

Comments

• You could remove it from your theme's default.master.php, but why would you want to do that?

• edited July 2012

It dose not violate the license, Right?

• 422422 Developer MVP

You can remove it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Lmfao @vbulletin

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

designbuyers said:

Due the license

Is it possible to remove the copyright footer ?

If you are using your Vanilla with Locale pack, look for a string that has 'Powered By Vanilla' and just remove it.

• Sheila said:

If you are using your Vanilla with Locale pack, look for a string that has 'Powered By Vanilla' and just remove it.

That won't work. Untranslated strings stay untranslated (thus en-CA). Use the method sluvender suggested but do it in your own theme. That's a lot cleaner.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭
    edited July 2012

HalfCat said:
    That won't work. Untranslated strings stay untranslated (thus en-CA).

I'm sorry, but I disagree. It does work. It worked when I still had en-CA locale on my locales folder as a backup, and works still, when I have only my own locale pack installed.

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited July 2012

Did you really just delete the string or did you define it but leave it empty?

• if its not defined it will show, it has to be defined to a null string.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

Hi! Okay, this might be a case of me and some language barrier again, but what I meant, is to remove the 'Powered by Vanilla' part so that the actual string stays, just the translation part is empty. That way system won't try to replace it.

$Definition['Powered by Vanilla'] = ' ';

I do think this is more user friendly and less potentially damaging way to do it to non technical users than editing templates.

• 422422 Developer MVP

One way of doing this is:

#Foot a { color: #CCCCCC; display: none; }

• Sheila said:
    Hi! Okay, this might be a case of me and some language barrier again, but what I meant, is to remove the 'Powered by Vanilla' part so that the actual string stays, just the translation part is empty. That way system won't try to replace it.

I do think this is more user friendly and less potentially damaging way to do it to non technical users than editing templates.

I'm with you on this one.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

Thanks @peregrine !

To a opposite matter (didn't find a suitable thread). What if I wanna add links to footer? The same one's that are in the top menu: Discussions, link to user profile etc.?

• RIGHT ON! Thanks, worked like a charm!

@422 said:
    One way of doing this is:

#Foot a { color: #CCCCCC; display: none; }

• edited March 2013

Where to find it ?

In which location, is this from style Css file

#Foot a {

color: #ccc;

}

to be replaced with :

#Foot a {

color: #CCCCCC;
    display: none;
    }

Also admin css :

#Foot a {

color: #076C8E;

}

to be replaced with :

#Foot a {

color: #CCCCCC;
    display: none;
    }

Correct ?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited March 2013

@designbuyers

If you are using a custom theme, there will be a custom.css file in the theme's design folder.

All css changes go in there.

If you are using the default Vanilla theme, then follow the instructions here

You wouldn't actually need to include the 'color' bit.

You'd only need to declare display:none once.