Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

localhost is worked move to my host not worked!

edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

i install vanilla in localhost with wamp
and i entered Data entry , configuration , change theme , change locale ,install plugins, change any stuff to give my selection wants
and any thing is OK at localhost
then i zipped vanilla and export DB for transfer to my host
but i uploaded all file in my host and import DB and change config.php for new config of DB and delete all .ini file in cache folder but not worked
now come up BONK message :

Bonk

Something funky happened. Please bear with us while we iron out the kinks.

when i see this problem i think my host not support vanilla
i install vanilla and all things is worked and OK !!

what changes of my old vanilla (worked in localhost ) is necessary for OK ?

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Enable debug mode in your conf/config.php:

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• tim thanks
    i enabled debug and see problems
    but hint of debug not correct for example hint me : Table 'DataBaseName.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist
    but this table exist !!
    i think $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost'; must be with a port number and added localhost:3306 but not worked then i think port of mysql not 3306 and check with telenet >
    O mydomainname.com 3306 and answered i sure my mysql port is 3306
    but if change any port to $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 'localhost'; debugger hint me : Table 'DataBaseName.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist
    do you think what happen ???

i maybe change main vanilla file and damage configuration ( but worked in localhost now )!
    i want to install a new vanilla without any change and edit
    and then i want insert and overwrite my changes and edits
    which files and or folder contain my changes and edits for replace ?
    i install plugins this not important because install easy again
    but important my CSS , RTL , entered many Categories
    how to insert this files after install simple vanilla ??

• x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2012

try

$Configuration['Database']['Host'] = '127.0.0.1';
    $Configuration['Database']['Port'] = '3306';

grep is your friend.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

where is the database relative to the new webhost? still on the same box? maybe try a fully qualified domain name to the database host...

• dear x00 i etered 127.0.0.1:3306
    and localhost.mydomain.com:3306
    but not answered

• I corrected my answer

grep is your friend.

• vanilla used PDO connections, if you use localhost it will force unix sockets.

grep is your friend.

• hbf said:
    where is the database relative to the new webhost? still on the same box? maybe try a fully qualified domain name to the database host...

dear hbf i checked and ok

x00 said:
    vanilla used PDO connections, if you use localhost it will force unix sockets.

dear x00 if pdo extension not installed in my host in first not worked vanilla

• vanilla needs PDO.

grep is your friend.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

saeedvanilla said:

hbf said:

dear hbf i checked and ok

i like to draw out little pictures to help me. maybe a diagram of what is installed where? im thinking your new hosting environment is somewhat different from your single box dev environment...

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

oh... wait....

debugger hint me : Table 'DataBaseName.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist

this tells me that you are pointing to a database that doesn't have vanilla deployed on it...

one of three things come to mind:

1. you are pointing to a schema name other than the one you copied your dev database to
    2. you forgot to copy to dev schema to the new data base
    3. you didn't intend to carry the schema forward and did not wipe out your config.php to trigger a fresh install..

hope that helps.

• x00 i say **IF **pdo extension not installed never worked vanilla but now work vanilla on my host but have problem on debug and vanilla core worked
    in first that vanilla want to install first check for pdo but i can to install simple vanilla core ( without edit and plugin installation )

• did you try my corrected config?

grep is your friend.

• x00 yes but no different
    debug pm :

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();
    Table 'al_5544eere44.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist
    select * from GDN_Permission Permission limit 1
    The error occurred on or near: /home/sunnymad/public_html/library/database/class.database.php

283: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);

284: }

285:

286: if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) {

287: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);

288: }

289:

290: // Did this query modify data in any way?

291: if ($ReturnType == 'ID') {

Backtrace:

/home/sunnymad/public_html/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/library/database/class.database.php:287] PHP::trigger_error();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1650] Gdn_Database->Query();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:676] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:476] Gdn_SQLDriver->Get();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:188] PermissionModel->PermissionColumns();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:234] PermissionModel->CachePermissions();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/library/core/class.session.php:318] UserModel->DefinePermissions();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/library/core/class.auth.php:36] Gdn_Session->Start();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/bootstrap.php:168] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator();

[/home/sunnymad/public_html/index.php:41] PHP::require_once();

Variables in local scope:

[Sql] 'select *
    from GDN_Permission Permission
    limit 1'

[InputParameters] array (
    )

[Options] array (
    'ReturnType' => 'DataSet',
    )

[ReturnType] 'DataSet'

[PDOStatement] false

• al_5544eere44 has GDN_Permission?, check the case of the table names.

grep is your friend.

• edited August 2012

saeedvanilla
    tim thanks

i enabled debug and see problems
    but hint of debug not correct for example hint me : Table 'DataBaseName.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist
    but this table exist !!

yes al_5544eere44 has GDN_Permission is exist

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Does the database user have full access to the database? This sounds like a bad database config.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• dears there are not any way
    i delete all file in my host
    i think debugger is very simple and young code ! not helped me
    i install new vanilla and i configuration uppermost
    and do my installation of localhost the first . i am tired and crazy up
    maybe many day later i want change my server or my host and my forum growing up and there many data for saving and backup but how to reused back!!!

• lucluc ✭✭
    edited August 2012

Try to do what vanilla is doing.
    ie. connect to the database with the user you configured for vanilla. "use" the database and do the select:

use al_5544eere44 
    select * from GDN_Permission Permission limit 1;

• luc said:
    Try to do what vanilla is doing.
    ie. connect to the database with the user you configured for vanilla. "use" the database and do the select:

use al_5544eere44 
    select * from GDN_Permission Permission limit 1;

exactly what I was thinking he should do.

and possibly these.

and maybe run an optimize or check for corruption

http://scottlinux.com/2012/06/09/use-mysqlcheck-to-optimize-and-repair-mysql-databases/

using phpmyadin to check for corruption
    https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/496

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.