Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change Email Content

Answers

• edited November 2012

Not sure why it worked for you and not me? I can't understand it.

• Actually the locale does not work for $Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'].

I know how to make it an embedded link. I use www.thecashlab.com/forum/#/{User.UserID,rawurlencode}/{EmailKey,rawurlencode}

The problem is it just won't update to whatever I tell it to update to.

• But I think it might be a lost cause. Thank you sooo much for your help! I appreciate it.

I might make a new thread for this speific problem and see if anyone else knows whats going on.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

change the word confirm to CONFIRM and see if it updates at least confirm
    forget about the link for a second. If it changes to CONFIRM then it is READING your locale. We just have a semantics problem.

$Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] = 'You need to CONFIRM your email address before you can continue. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the following link: www.thecashlab.com/forum/{User.UserID,rawurlencode}/{EmailKey,rawurlencode}';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

and delete all the ini files in the cache. and make sure you don't have any other backup or duplicate files that look like locale.php in conf.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited November 2012

No it did not change to CONFIRM. So it looks like its not reading that specific locale?

Hello zzzz!

You have successfully registered for an account at The Cash Lab forum. Here is your information:

Username: zzzz
    Email: ttttt@gmail.com

Thanks for joining. You can access the forum at thecashlab.com/forum/.

You need to confirm your email address before you can continue. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the following link: http://thecashlab.com/vanilla/index.php?p=/entry/emailconfirm/33/GJUDI7Q6

Have a great day!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

and delete all the ini files in the cache. and make sure you don't have any other backup or duplicate files that look like locale.php in conf.

and try it again and
    and
    post your
    cache/locale_map.ini

if it doesn't work.

you probably have duplicates that interfere. I hope you don't have

3 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/locales/skeleton/definitions.php"
    4 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/locales/skeleton/other_definitions.php"

• all .ini files were deleted, and I don't have any other similar files to locale.php. Only other files in there are config-details.php, config.php, constraints.php.

Here is cahce/locale_map.ini

[en-CA]
    0 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php"
    1 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/applications/conversations/locale/en-CA/definitions.php"
    2 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/applications/vanilla/locale/en-CA/definitions.php"
    3 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/conf/locale.php"

• When I put $Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] into my locale.php file... where is the code in Vanilla that it overrides?? maye there is something wrong with that code that it's trying to replace. Does that make sense? Not sure if I'm explaining that correctly.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

something is weird.

do you have multiple definitions for

$Definition['EmailConfirmEmail']

in locale.php

also a brute force way to do it is change it in any of these files if it occurs in and check to make sure only one $Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] is in each of the php.
    if $Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] doesn't occur in some of the files don't worry. But make sure it is in locale.php correctly and only once.

/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/definitions.php"

1 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/applications/conversations/locale/en-CA/definitions.php"

2 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/applications/vanilla/locale/en-CA/definitions.php"

3 = "/home/thecashl/public_html/vanilla/conf/locale.php"

delete the ini's
    close your browser and try again after you make the changes.

• edited November 2012

ok one sec

• you may have made a typo. your messages have frequent typos - I don't know if your code does, best to check. I'm out of answers. try rereading
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/169987/#Comment_169987

good luck, maybe someone else will have an answer.

• Ok will give that last solution a try.

Thank you SOO MUCH for all the help.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@thecashbag said:
    Ok will give that last solution a try.

Thank you SOO MUCH for all the help.

good luck.

maybe you should take a break and revisit tomorrow and you will see the issue after you double check everything.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

On a test site on localhost.

this is my test link address for vanilla forum embedded under wordpress.
    http://localhost/wordpress/discussions-2

using this in localhost allows me to confirm using the link in my e-mail
    with this statement in conf/locale.php

$Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] = 'You need to confirm your email address before you can continue. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the following link: 
    http://localhost/wordpress/discussions-2/index.php?/entry/emailconfirm/{User.UserID,rawurlencode}/{EmailKey,rawurlencode} 

you would need point to change this part

$Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] = 'You need to confirm your email address before you can continue. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the following link: http://yourembeddedforumunderwordpress/index.php?/entry/emailconfirm/{User.UserID,rawurlencode}/{EmailKey,rawurlencode}

note: I have this set in my config - if it is TRUE you may need to play with link.

$Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = FALSE;

you have either a caching problem or you have typos, or something else wrong.

the other curious (and troubling) thing is that the whole time you were testing with me you had your site in maintenance mode - so I don't know how you were testing the application for membership.

I didn't use p= you may need to add that. In any event it worked for me without it.

there are probably quite a few ways to link to the site in wordpress. As well as to read a locale in a theme locale, a plugin locale, a conf locale , an application locale, etc.

• the other curious thing is you say vanilla forums is in ..../forum
    yet you .ini file points to ..../vanilla - do you have multiple copies of your forum and are you changing the wrong one.

• edited November 2012

Vanilla was in maintenance mode? How do I turn that off? I never even knew there was such a thing.

The way I was testing it was by making the changes we were doing, then creating a new user with my email address... then looking at that email to see if anything changed. After that I deleted that user. Made more changes and tried again.

I only have one copy of Vanilla in a folder named 'vanilla'. But I have a page on wordpress that is named 'forum' (located at thecashlab.com/forum) and that is where I have the vanilla forum ebeded.

I know this might be a little drastic, but could I export my current forum. Do a fresh install of vanilla, and then import everything back again? That should fix it right?? I am worried about loosing my current subscribers and posts though (just started to get some traction).

• Also I tried adding $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = FALSE; to config but no change.

• Sorry, I'm at a loss as what to suggest to you.

• glad its working now.

forgot to tell you remove

$Definition['Howdy, Stranger!'] = 'Hi Stranger';

from the locale.php

if you want your welcome message to appear as the default before the testing a few minutes ago.