Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any news about 2.1 release?

Has been quite a while and alot of alpha versions since 2.1 was kinda announced . Any news about an release?
This looks quite promissing but untill it gets out of alpha I can't begin working on my real site.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• How long ago did they make the announcement?

• @DirtyDog "sort of" since it was on github.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Why can't you work on your real site? The current alpha codebase is used by all the hosted forums including Penny Arcade which has thousands of visitors each day - it's perfectly safe to use.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• cnickcnick New
    edited November 2012

@kasperisager: on las one I've tried, alpha 3.1 some things like social logins didn't worked to enable ... plus I'd feel more safe thinking the code is atlast a beta.

• My guess is Vanilla 2.1 will be a Christmas present

• @indianfootynet said:
    My guess is Vanilla 2.1 will be a Christmas present

here's the rub - have you been naughty or nice. Put milk and cookies by the chimney.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@kasperisager said:
    Why can't you work on your real site? The current alpha codebase is used by all the hosted forums including Penny Arcade which has thousands of visitors each day - it's perfectly safe to use.

I think all hosted solutions use vanilla platform from Master branch

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited November 2012

@peregrine said:
    Put milk and cookies by the chimney.

And some carrots for the reindeer too!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2012

We're going to do a long beta cycle. I wouldn't bet money on getting to RC before the end of the year.

I likely won't announce a public beta until b2. We already have enough bugs to squash without getting inundated by everyone else installing it yet. :) Plus, I need to prepare long, long release notes and upgrade instructions and that's going to take a little while. Going from 2.0.18 to 2.1 successfully has a few more tricks than the usual copy/paste unfortunately.

Before you ask, here's a couple I can think of off the top of my head: Any folders under the mobile theme's views, and the /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php file should be deleted from your server; notice they aren't in the new version. Also, if you overwrote the forum's CSS entirely to make your 2.0.18 theme (by adding a style.css file to it), you'll want to start over using an additive custom.css file instead based on the large number of markup and style changes.