HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bugs in this Vanilla Community

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Feedback

As shown above, IE9 overlaps profile pics with reactions which I think should not be the case.

Also, shouldnt my pic should be instantly visible when I click on any reaction??

Also, in below pic, there shouldnt not be a line about "edit profile" link.

I think :first-child selector will do. Right @kasperisager

These are small things that go on big way to impress early adapters.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

IE sucks and should be banished from existence . How can it be that every other browser displays as it should but no not IE . So much so that special code has to be put in place. Microsoft's own filters don't render as they should. I say Boicot !!!

say No to IE !!!

• Hm weird, for me it looks fine in IE 9.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@aery said:
    Also, shouldnt my pic should be instantly visible when I click on any reaction??

Why, need a reminder what you clicked on? :p

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

I am very sorry to say but this is very disappointing response.

Why does Facebook likes are instantly seen? Why does plus ones are instantly turned into red.

User must not be confused whether his last response was recognized or not.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• OnlyAnExcuseOnlyAnExcuse ✭✭
    edited November 2012

I've tried this on IE9 and the issue of overlapping isn't there.

I tried clicking "Awesome" under the last post @Lincoln made, and there was a small "progress" bar, and number "1" appeared - tested this with the other reactions (lol, insightful and offtopic). So it does give instant response for users who can instantly realise their response has been recognised.

Okay, the profile picture doesn't appear until a refresh but it still gives the user a solid aknowledgement of their response being recognised.

• @OnlyAnExcuse said:

I tried clicking "Awesome" under the last post Lincoln made, and there was a small "progress" bar, and number "1" appeared - tested this with the other reactions (lol, insightful and offtopic). So it does give instant response for users who can instantly realise their response has been recognised.

Okay, the profile picture doesn't appear until a refresh but it still gives the user a solid aknowledgement of their response being recognised.

Yeah it works fine as is. I wouldn't even want the image to appear because that would mean that either blank space would have to be left under every post in case someone clicked a reaction, or the page would have to shift down to make room for a new reaction, neither of which would be desirable.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited November 2012

@vrijvlinder said:
    IE sucks and should be banished from existence . How can it be that every other browser displays as it should but no not IE . So much so that special code has to be put in place. Microsoft's own filters don't render as they should. I say Boicot !!!

say No to IE !!!

What a coincidence! I recently wrote about this topic, explaining why this is a completely wrong attitude.

• x00

Which is why I like Linux, I could do pretty much anything, as long as I put the effort in, and have some understanding of what I'm doing.

I'm with you here.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited November 2012

Which is why I like iOS , I can do anything without effort , I only use a pc to check my work on browsers on Windows, but even that has become rather obsolete with User agent switchers for safari and others. I never liked Opera much but it works fine on the mac. Chrome also. I never had problems with anything else other than IE .

I do like the filters, x-ray/invert and the gradients etc. These only work in IE which is sad.(well webkit works) Although with the advent of some java this can also be made to work if one really wants to. My biggest gripe with IE:security holes, extra personalized code needed so it works but it varies from computer, it is impossible to make it look and act the same on all pc. I had a guy complain to me that at the internet cafe computer the page looked terribly bad in IE. Then I asked him to look at it on a different computer same browser and the page looked fine.

If the toss up is filters or productivity, I choose the latter.
    I don't think it is about an attitude towards a product for me, it is about experience with a product which was not a great one.