Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Issue with latest version - Fatal error

Hi,

I installed the latest version (2.1a33), and see the following error when loading pages:

Fatal error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $exception [,long $code ]]) in /var/www/.../library/core/class.userexception.php on line 23.

It's my understanding that this is related to older PHP versions (<5.3), but the stated Vanilla requirements are for 5.2. Can anyone help?

jim

Best Answer

Answers

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Are you running PHP v5.2? If so, I'm pretty positive that Vanilla won't run on PHP < v5.3.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• I am running php 5.2. I guess it's time for the Vanilla team to update their documentation to say PHP 5.3 is a requirement, not 5.2.

• since when were those requirements for pre beta?

documentation is for the stable version.

grep is your friend.

• So when I install a version of Vanilla and the readme.html packaged with that version tells me that the minimum PHP required is 5.2, I'm supposed to ignore that because it's not a release version?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

The readme.html was last updated two years ago so quite frankly yes.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub