Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Show original poster for the thread

I see on the default homepage, it shows all the threads, but it only shows "Most recent by xxxx". How can I put some code in to show the "Original poster: xxxx" or something along those lines so that people know who the original poster was without opening the thread?

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

In the upcoming 2.1, the Discussion Photos addon does this. If you don't like the photos being added too, you could hide them with a little custom CSS.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2012

In the meantime, you could drop this in your theme hooks file.

/**
            * Add OP name to start of discussion meta.
            */
           public function DiscussionsController_AfterDiscussionLabels_Handler($Sender, $Args) {
              echo ''.UserAnchor($Args['FirstUser']).'';
           }
           public function CategoriesController_AfterDiscussionLabels_Handler($Sender) {
              echo ''.UserAnchor($Args['FirstUser']).'';
           }

• Options

Sorry for being such a noob, but what would the theme hooks file be? I use Nebula 2.01 theme. Thanks!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

do a search on themehooks in the forum- it was recently discussed.

also take a look in the EmbedFriendly theme for an example.

And if you don't get clearer instructions or understand you can always use one of the two plugins that adds the original poster.

the ATV plugin and there is another which name I can't recall (someone else might).

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/authortimeview-plugin

Lincoln's suggestion is very clean, sometimes a plugin is easier if you want to enable and disable without modifying theme code.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks Peregrine! That's exactly what I needed. I just couldnt find it.

• Options

not sure exactly what you used - but as long as you are happy.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.