HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Social Login Broken (Version 2.1b1.1)

Running Vanilla from subdirectory. I was trying to roll back from development to b1, but apparently after last merge there are the same problems with beta as there were with development.
As it was already reported ( vanillaforums.org/discussion/22087/facebooktwitter-activate-on-social-page-giving-page-not-found ), there is wrong url to plugins (Vanilla subdirectory is added twice to url), and now Facebook login doesn't work at all for me. Fb app works, but then I can't add username and email (why is plugin even asking for email?) to complete login process.

Cheers,

Comments

• It turns out the problem lies in depreciated function used in facebook plugin, which causes problems in some server configurations, as described almost two years ago in this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14483/ . After applying fix provided by Alibaba31337, Facebook login works OK.

As for the duplicated install directory in URLs on social page in dashboard, I consider it now a part of Vanilla's charm. After all, we don't want everything fixed in free version, do we? ;)

• @PolishKaragiozis are you using this build on your live site ? is it safe ?

• @fr3333333x No, it's not a live site yet. Just considering to use it for small blog I'm about to start.
    But I don't think it's wise to use it for anything big. Too risky.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@PolishKaragiozis said:
    After all, we don't want everything fixed in free version, do we? ;)

We don't maintain a separate non-free version. All of core is public. It just isn't as well-tested in subfolders. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You can report reproducible bugs (and as much info about it as you can provide) here: http://github.com/vanillaforums/garden

• @Lincoln Story of my life - nobody ever laughs at my jokes. Anyway, I didn't mean to undermine your professionalism and honesty. Nor did I mean to sound like ungrateful ignorant prick.

Cheers,

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Haha, no worries.