HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1 - Why is event "BeforeDiscussionName" disabled in table.php?

businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I was having a look at Vanilla 2.1 and I noticed that file table.php contains the event trigger for BeforeDiscussionName, but it's commented out, without comments explaining the reason behind that choice.

Such event is quite useful, as it allows to control the appearance of the Discussion rows before they are rendered. I checked everywhere, but it doesn't seem it has been replaced by any other event. I therefore made some experiments by enabling it, and I didn't see any side effect, therefore I wonder if it was disabled for a reason, or if it fell by mistake in the group of the deprecated features.

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

My guess? Mistake. I've found some event inconsistencies myself.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@Lincoln Thanks, I guessed it might be a mistake. To be honest, events in 2.1 are much messier than in Vanilla 2.0. Some of them have been deprecated and replaced by others, while some have been removed and not replaced. Well, it's a Beta, these things happen. :)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

We're very aware. We refactored all the discussions views (which have too much logic) and a bunch of duplicated code got out of sync. I've been having my own set of issues with it.