Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Having issues with my new forum

edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just started a new forum (which is really just a test for something else I have in mind). I trying to get things organized and start discussions on certain topics under certain categories. The problem is, when I click "start new discussion" and try to change the category from the drop down it won't let me. Can someone help me out with this?

Comments

• Options
    GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

Does it show you all the categories you have set up?

• Options

Yes it shows all the categories but it won't allow me to click on them.

• Options

What browser and version are you using?

• Options

Chrome and the latest version of Vanilla. Just downloaded it today.

• Options

Just tried on Firefox as well same thing. The categories are grayed out.

• Options

Thank you for your help. After searching the forums a little longer I found this http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21627 where someone suggested un-checking "Display root categories as headings". This solved the problem.

• Options

Glad to hear you have it working.

• Options

I want to display root categories has headings... How badly? Maybe not badly enough to fix it and check in changes. It has been over 4 years since this problem has been discussed. This bug occurs with version 2.3.1.

• Options

Though it seems to be a moot point, since there is only one level of categories... Maybe this is why there's a bug. I would like to create sub-categories... Guess I'll search for it.

• Options

It's not a bug. It's a feature. This feature allows admins to organize categories somewhat and prevent new discussions in root-level categories.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Is there any particular reason you decided to post on a 5 year old thread ? Please posta new discussion or risk being ignored...