Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Having issues with my new forum

edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just started a new forum (which is really just a test for something else I have in mind). I trying to get things organized and start discussions on certain topics under certain categories. The problem is, when I click "start new discussion" and try to change the category from the drop down it won't let me. Can someone help me out with this?

Comments

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

Does it show you all the categories you have set up?

• Yes it shows all the categories but it won't allow me to click on them.

What browser and version are you using?

• Chrome and the latest version of Vanilla. Just downloaded it today.

• Just tried on Firefox as well same thing. The categories are grayed out.

• Thank you for your help. After searching the forums a little longer I found this http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/21627 where someone suggested un-checking "Display root categories as headings". This solved the problem.

Glad to hear you have it working.

• I want to display root categories has headings... How badly? Maybe not badly enough to fix it and check in changes. It has been over 4 years since this problem has been discussed. This bug occurs with version 2.3.1.

• Though it seems to be a moot point, since there is only one level of categories... Maybe this is why there's a bug. I would like to create sub-categories... Guess I'll search for it.

• It's not a bug. It's a feature. This feature allows admins to organize categories somewhat and prevent new discussions in root-level categories.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Is there any particular reason you decided to post on a 5 year old thread ? Please posta new discussion or risk being ignored...