Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need html5 / iframed video support

13»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2013

well here is some info on that http://www.htmlgoodies.com/html5/tutorials/how-to-view-html5-videos-on-youtube.html#fbid=ur5-aJj6e2F

Limitations of YouTube HTML5 Videos

YouTube's HTML5 video is still a work in progress, and as such, there are still some limitations regarding its use. Currently HTML5 videos only provide limited full screen support--the video fills the browser, but will only truly be full screen if the browser itself supports full screen.** If a user is using the Firefox or Opera web browsers, videos must include WebM transcodes in order to play using HTML5.** Also, if a user has already opted in to additional YouTube experiments, the HTML5 player may not be provided, and will default to the Flash player.

but Can't in Vanilla; what a pitty:(

This is Vanilla, are you saying you can't see any of the videos posted here?

• 422422 Developer MVP

I think this thread should be locked, the OP has provided no information, argument or evidence other than what i would deem as trolling. Waste of time, 40 odd replies.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited February 2013

@422 said:
    I think this thread should be locked, the OP has provided no information, argument or evidence other than what i would deem as trolling. Waste of time, 40 odd replies.

You must be joking!
    I really need a solution.
    It works everywhere except in Vanilla!
    Didn't slept all night.

What else argument would you need?!
    html5 video works in Joomla, in Wordpress, on Youtube, on PHPBB....etc...Not here...

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2013

It is a question of how it parsed garden currently parsed youtube link as flash, it doesn't allow iframe by default.

The way to deal with it would be to turn off Garden.Format.YouTube config option and create you own pre-parser.

Look at the Emocify plugin for inspiration, and use the matching in class.format.php as a basis for you parsing, but formatting it in httml5/iframe format.

Otherwise this is not the correct place to raise this issue. Issue like this should be raised on github so the core team can make a decision, which probably won't happen too fast, and won't necessarily be back ported.

grep is your friend.