Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

SphinxSearch - Can't find indexer at path

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi all,

Uff, i really can't get SphinxSearch to work.
I ran the Install Wizard, which seems to perform fine, but after that i see an error stating:

Can't find indexer at path: /www/htdocs/w00fd8ae/vanilla/plugins/SphinxSearch/install/sphinx/bin/indexer

And it seems like i can't get the search or some kind of indexing working.

Thanx for help!

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Does that file exist on your web server?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

I bet that the file exists, however there are probably permission conflicts. Check to see if apache has read access to that file....usually under the http user.

Try installing with your distro.

I have created a sphinxSearchLite version which forces you to install and start/stop sphinx manually.

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭

@phreak Use the Lite version if the installer is giving problems. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/sphinxsearchlite-plugin

You need to manually install it - probably easier to just use your distro. Should also work for windows hosts.

• Options
    edited April 2013

@mcu_hq: Humpf, i just don't get it. Wether the FAQ nor the official documentation seem to inform me about how to set up the > Indexer Path > Searchd Path > Conf Path.

I installed Sphinx lite now, but i seem to have the same problems. It's just a quirky thing i don't understand about configuring. :/

Btw.: In the plugin structure of the Sphinx Lite Plugin is a folder called "assests" shouldn't those be named "assets". Greetz

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Options

@phreak said:
    mcu_hq: Humpf, i just don't get it. Wether the FAQ nor the official documentation seem to inform me about how to set up the > Indexer Path > Searchd Path > Conf Path.

I installed Sphinx lite now, but i seem to have the same problems. It's just a quirky thing i don't understand about configuring. :/

Btw.: In the plugin structure of the Sphinx Lite Plugin is a folder called "assests" shouldn't those be named "assets". Greetz

I mentioned this before. It is just a spelling error in the name, but it doesn't affect anything I don't think, because everything refers to assests and within the scope of the program assests is just a name not a variable that relates to the vanilla "assets";

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanx @peregrine, yep i also thought so, just wanted to point that out.

wonder how to get the sphinx car going. scratchingHead

• Options

mcu_hq is the expert but you never answered the questions that were posed to you.

Does the indexer exist at the path it is looking for it?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.