Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Social Login asking for email after Twitter login

ragdollragdoll
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I installed the Social Login plugin on the forum at this url: http://www.fotocomefare.com/forum. Facebook and Google login work perfectly.
When I click on the Twitter icon, the usual app authorization window appears and after I click it disappears. However going back to the site I see an overlaid window asking me for my email.
If I insert the email connected to my Twitter account, I get an error because the email is already in use.
What is this?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is the same error I ran into with the Steam Sign In plugin. The error I had was related to my mail server configuration.

Is your install able to send out email?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I'm only testing it now but, yes, I'm receiving new answers and new registration emails.

This may sound silly, but is there already a user registered on your forums that has the same email account as your twitter email?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes, there is, but when logging in with Facebook and Google this was not a problem.

Do you still get the error when registering a different twitter account?

If you do, it sounds like the plugin is working properly. Anyone with more experience in the Twitter plugin want to chime in?

Search first

• I tried and removed the account and then tried to connect via Twitter. I got the same window asking for an email address.

• ragdollragdoll
    edited March 2013

This is a screenshot of the indow I see:

Can someone help me?

• I just found out that I had the option Email Required set to Yes. I disabled it and now everything works.
    What is the purpose of this option?

• Hi All,

As every website/forum owner wants to have a verified email of his/her user with them and nearly every Social ID provider provides verified email address as part of User profile. In case, the Social ID provider does not provide the email address and if Email Required is set to Yes then a pop-up will come and ask user to provide the email address and verify the email to complete the signup. We ask for email verification as it makes sure that you captures the correct email address.

Hope this answers all your doubt.