HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Badge and Icon Depository

Comments

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

OK, i collect:

• Coffee Badge (over 100 hours online)
    • Administrator Badge
    • Moderator Badge
    • Discussion Badges (Counting opened discussions)
    • Profile Badge (example: filled additional fields in the profile)

Ok, please continue with ideas...

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@phreak et al.

If you want me to add the logic to the Peregrine Badges program for new badges, let me know and I will add to the update and maybe put some options in setting to turn badge on and off.

If you want the new badge role specific, i can add permissions too.

If the badge you want will involve too many database gyrations and will decrease performance I will tell you.

If you are adding logic to the badges program your self - be aware that UserId is different depending on context from which controller it came from in my program, so be careful, when adding them yourself (study the program itself to determine the correct way if you do it yourself because it is alot of work to explain the logic).

Also, more importantly if you think you want to pledge a contribution for the Peregrine Badges and the work I've put into the program or for any other plugins I wrote, please send me a personal message (pm) with the amount you intend to pledge.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@vrijvlinder said:
    phreak I'm a girl and here is your caffee ! how about a coffee badge ? lol

You read my mind, I was thinking the same! :D

• GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭
    edited March 2013

@phreak Please, Add an Introduction badge. On my system this will be give to those that Start a discussion in a category and introduce themselves.

P.S. I don't like coffee, but I do like girls.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Sometimes I really feel like I need to slap someone , in a good way of course ;) this should be useful , insightful or slapu silly lol

a warning slap makes more sense. after so many slaps user gets banned for one week or can't post for one week. Only top mods would be able to use this.

edited March 2013

@vrijvlinder: Time for our coffeeeee, to introduce ourselves to the new pope. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS

Hope you don't mind the faithless but, I openly reject the Pope !!! You need to add Satan to equalize the playing field :)

This one might be more acceptable no?

• LOL! @vrijvlinder awesome badge!

edited March 2013
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

we need a "100 red herring badge" for you know who. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I think I have spread more than 100 red herring :O

@peregrine said:
    phreak et al.

If you want me to add the logic to the Peregrine Badges program for new badges, let me know and I will add to the update and maybe put some options in setting to turn badge on and off.

If you want the new badge role specific, i can add permissions too.

If the badge you want will involve too many database gyrations and will decrease performance I will tell you.

Sorry for the late return. Mmh, i do not have any preferences for next badge types of your plugin. Although i would love to see mote functionalities. But maybe we can get more ideas of people or you can tell us what can easily be achieved and you also consider worthy for gamification and not just beautifing a forum.

I just create badges so that ideas can pop up in everyones head here.

although @businessdad seems to have a powerfull plugin in the making he mentioned elsewhere. where or whatever use those badges and let us improve Vanilla.

• How difficult would it be to allow an admin or moderator to assign a custom unique badge to a user? Great job with this. This looks awesome!

That depends. A badge unique to each user, or a unique badge to some users?

• One example: I want to create one unique badge and award one person for a task he performed. So only THIS ONE USER would have that one badge.

Or, I guess a secondary scenario would be to create a badge that the admin or moderator could manually award to users as he or she sees fit.

Hopefully, I'm being clear with these examples. Also, I'm asking as an illustrator. Perhaps I can contribute to some icon sets as this thing grows. Very exciting stuff.

@peregrine would have to store awarded badges in a table. Currently they are not.

• Got it. Thanks for the quick response.