Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

enabling not working

RajioRajio
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

for some reason when i try to enable this plugin it doesnt enable. i can enable/disable oher plugins just fine. any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• The addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error:
    PageSpeed is missing the following requirement(s): UsefulFunctions >=3.0.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

yep it needs the useful functions plugin.

grep is your friend.

• tks

• To save everybody time, this is what you are looking for -> http://vanillaforums.org/addon/usefulfunctions-plugin

• I still am getting the same error.

pagespeed is missing the following requirement(s): UsefulFunctions >=3.0.

• When I enable Page Speed it breaks all CSS, etc. Not sure why yet.

-k0nsl

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

@k0nsl said:
    When I enable Page Speed it breaks all CSS, etc. Not sure why yet.

-k0nsl

Are you using the latest alpha release of Vailla? If so, they've implemented their own mechanism for asset optimization and Page Speed is currently not compatible with this.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• @kasperisager said:
    Are you using the latest alpha release of Vailla? If so, they've implemented their own mechanism for asset optimization and Page Speed is currently not compatible with this.

Hi kasperisager,

Nope I'm using Vanilla 2.0 (the latest stable build).

-k0nsl

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Hmmm... Could you provide a link to your site?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Yes, it seems not to work with Vanilla 2.1 (2.1a36). The Generation of the CSS-File seems not to work. Only one empty CSS-File is included. Disabling the CSS-Compression doesn't work either.

Btw, it would be great to have another input field for the production Version of the jquery-migrate-plugin. This enables using the latest jQuery 1.9-version (using new Functions and significantly higher performance) and still ensure the compatibility down to 1.6.1.

jQuery-Migrate-Plugin: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/

I've already tested it on Vanilla 2.1a36 using jQuery 1.9.1 and jQuery Migrate 1.1.1 and everything works fine (just better) :)

• I can't enable even after installing and enabling useful functions. What should I do?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

For starters, You should specify which version of vanilla you are using when you ask a question

then read this

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/18015/how-to-ask-questions-on-the-internet#latest

and this

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17954/food-for-thought-forum-etiquette

can someone translate the above threads in spanish, italian, chinese, etc. etc. No, need to translate in German, from what I've seen these guys read the docs :).

Is there a plugin that auto-translates "how to ask a Question".

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine beat me to it XD

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    peregrine beat me to it XD

I've had a few cups of coffee and the synapses are clicking at dual core speeds.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Sorry for not being clear. I'm using vanilla 2.0.18.4 and have downloaded today the latest version of useful functions and page speed.
    I see in this discussion that another user has installed useful functions but wasn't able to enable page speed. He has not received an answer so I decided to participate in this discussion instead of opening a new one.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

I can't enable even after installing and enabling useful functions. What should I do?

read the readme in the plugin and also remove.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['UsefulFunctions'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PageSpeed'] = TRUE;

from config.php

then enable UsefulFunctions, after that is enabled enable PageSpeed.

and it will enable perfectly in 2.0.18.4

However, it doesn't seem to load the css properly, since it causes some display element inconsistencies.

Alternatively - you could use other plugins or vanilla versions to achieve the same effect. take a search in the add-ons and try vanilla 2.1

• Well, if it the css problem hasn't been solved, maybe I won't try.

About the read me, I think that the addons section should have a link to the installation instructions, especially when they do not involve simply uploading and enabling the plugin.

• Try Consolidate it wont minify your js as this is an unreliable technique anyway, which is likely to break eventually. Pagespeed uses an external resource anyway, which could easily go down, and has before.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/consolidate-plugin

grep is your friend.

• The read me is in the plugin. I wouldn't load a plugin without reading or looking at the plugin first, but that's just me. I like to know what is happening or what the author of the plugin has documented for me to read. It seems simple enough open the readme file and read it.

• @peregrine
    Maybe it's my human computer interaction background kicking in...