HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Badge and Icon Depository

Comments

• peregrine, if you have a paypal set up, let us know so we can donate some money to this...

• qbauerqbauer
    edited March 2013

In my theme, I changed the "Total Points" to "XP" to go with a gaming theme. Two things I'd like to add, which should be fairly doable:

1. Add a "Total Points" slot next to the author name in the Meta box so it spits out html with a span class (ie span class="TotalPoints" XP 23 /span). If someone is using the Total Posts plugin with this, the meta box, under the author name, might read "XP 23 Total Posts 30" or whatever...

2. Add a script to award a Level at Total Point markers (after 100 points, the user gets a Level Two designation, for instance) with some CSS hooks in the User's Comment box, so that when the user comments, there would be the ability to add some subtle designs to the user who has a higher level (I was thinking a subtle corner ribbon with the level designation, or maybe a border color around the avatar, or a subtle icon in the corner for the level).

These would be a few subtle tweaks to allow CSS changes to users in threads without adding dozens of badges in the threads. I'm going to try experimenting with this later.

• @qbauer said:
    peregrine, if you have a paypal set up, let us know so we can donate some money to this..

Thank you for the offer to Contribute

• So far the amount of people offering contributions in the past month for anything I've done is less than $50 total.

• I've got a couple of people pledged for contributions.

• If it wouldn't be difficult for you to either pm me with your expected pledge amount, or post it here.

• If the Totals of individual amounts pledged exceeds a $100 or $200, then i will open a paypal account and hit you up for the pledge, if thats ok. In other words if 20 people offered $10, or 40 people offered $5 it would be worth it or some machination to equal $100 or $200, but if 3 people offer $5 for a total of $15, it's not worth the effort.

• So thanks, and maybe i will get more pledges, and I will open a paypal account.

• By the way, I am part way through incorporating a page that display all users who received anniversary badges, like badges, comment badges, etc.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited March 2013

@peregrine: Support peregrine and do it now! Did you understand? ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • GaryFunkGaryFunk Senior Application Developer ✭✭

I wish to support @peregrine and @phreak

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Yes, thank you, but you guys shouldn't mess up this thread. Please read the title, put development somewhere else. :)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@phreak said:
    Yes, thank you, but you guys shouldn't mess up this thread. Please read the title, put development somewhere else. :)

I thought of that too, sorry.

Put your pledge amount and feedback on plugin itself not icon in this discussion

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23222/feedback-pledges-and-feature-requests-add-them-here#latest

EDIT: if you already posted here. No need to worry about it @qbauer

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• qbauerqbauer
    edited March 2013

Oops sorry.

EDIT: if you already posted here. No need to worry about it @qbauer >

Got it. Thanks.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

Just found a very cool free 3D online badge maker, this one works like most but I like the 3D results.

http://www.onlinebadgemaker.com/3d-badge-maker

The Patience Badge....

• is that R2-D2 in 3d?

• 422422 Developer MVP

@peregrine said:
    is that R2-D2 in 3d?

Looks like ET buddha has crapped a spacehopper

There was an error rendering this rich post.

I just came up with the perfect MVP badge , well no it's not the perfect mvp badge but I felt this section needed to be refreshed for those new to you ..

edited April 2013

Here are some glassy badges and some blanks for you to edit as you wish. To make your badges, just multiplicate the image and add the corresponding numbers or symbol.

sample of this style of badge, I call it jewels

• thx. V. if you made the broom handle totally below the lettering so the handle doesn't make the r hard to read I'll add it.

if you do, You can post it under the cleanser plugin - so it doesn't hijack this thread.

Yea I noticed that too lol
    I was going to post it in the plugin but then remembered the depository here for icons . I will change it no problem.