HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Why am I getting labeled as "abusive" and a "troll"?

2»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

@hgtonight said:
    I don't like the idea that there are different weights based on... rank?

YES! that is the bonus you get at the end of the MVP rainbow :) More cans of whoop ass . I most definitely try not to use it at all. I don't like it used on me. This was an exception and it resolved itself positively, thankfully . It is good one can retract their deeds. People can change and deserve second chances.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@vrijvlinder What is this MVP rainbow you speak of? ;-)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Yea but no, magically after some months of application, one suddenly begins spewing rainbows of magnificent code , or that is the idea I think ....

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited April 2013

It is appreciated that one takes the time to respond to a discussion when someone needs help, but labeling words to backbite is not if it were ever to be the case. Unfortunately, there are a lot of slang words that have sneaked into the English vocabulary that can show up in posts from time to time that half of the people take in differently.

As for reactions, each post has separate reactions. Users of this forum are free to use any one of them, but each person has a different definition for when to use each of the reactions available. The flag reactions should be replaced with a link to alert moderators of this forum. Not reacting to a post could mean that the user simply doesn't use reactions, the post was not that insightful, awesome, or funny, or there may be disapproval; therefore, the best flag button should be to report to a moderator and then proceed with the discussion as if the post never was posted or close the browser for the time being.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder said:
    Yea but no, magically after some months of application, one suddenly begins spewing rainbows of magnificent code , or that is the idea I think ....

Seems to me I have someone in mind.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited April 2013

See, this is exactly the sort of nonsense you get when you implement such powerful 'user centric' tools.

edited April 2013

powerful 'user centric' tools.

This is more civilized, It is better than violence and cussing someone out no?

If these were to replace actual guns and nukes, there would be peace. It would all be about points gained and points lost instead of lives lost.

like everything , one must use it moderately and avoid being trigger happy. I think getting marked a Troll is humiliating. Unless one is an actual troll of course .

On the positive side of this, all reactions are removable or can be changed for something else. It is not terminal.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited April 2013

@vrijvlinder said:
    More cans of whoop ass . I most definitely try not to use it at all. I don't like it used on me.

@vrijvlinder After your trolling was called out in another thread (where you posted bogus configuration settings to get a rise out of people, which is classic troll behavior), you went ahead and retaliated by marking my pretty ordinary comments as abuse.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

let's close this thread - @Underdog

It's too bad we are losing committed and helpful forum members due to the reactions plugin.
    The sooner the suggestion in the link

The better off we will be.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

This discussion has been closed.