Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin disappeared

Hello!

I am new using vanilla forum. The first impression is very positive because of it´s simplicity. Thanks to all developers for provide such a great application for nothing!

I have pressed the button to remove a plugin (plupload) on the page "Plugins" accidentally. I have re-uploaded it via ftp and want to activate the plugin. But it is still not in the list of plugins? What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Martin

Comments

• It is not possible to "remove" a plugin from the dashboard, only enable or disable.

it is probably not visible becuase the file permission do not make it visible to the the framework, or you are not putting the correct folder in the correct place. I take you unziped the folder an placed it in /plugins?

Note PlUpload requires, FileUpload, or FileUploadDetect.

grep is your friend.

• The other reason it may not be visible, is if you are looking at the "enabled plugin tab" instead of the all plugins tab.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@x00 It is very possible to remove a plugin via the dashboard. If a plugin is disabled, you can click remove, confirm, and it will remove the plugin's files.

@pappe For a plugin to appear in your dashboard, you must place the plugin folder (the folder containing default.php or class.name.plugin.php) in /plugins. A common pitfall is to have nested plugin folders (e.g. /plugins/NillaBlog/NillaBlog/)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight only if you set your file permission laxly. basically encouraging people to set everything 0777 ... yet again.

That option would not be visible otherwise. I would suggest this option be removed. What possible usefulness does it have?

Why you would hand over that facility to the web-user is beyond me. Not even wordpress removes plugins this way. Should not be an option.

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@x00 said:
    Why you would hand over that facility to the web-user is beyond me. Not even wordpress removes plugins this way. Should not be an option.

I just wanted to point out that it is an option. I won't judge the software or a specific user's set up. Telling someone what happened to them is not possible in a properly set up system does nothing but irritate both persons in the conversation.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    I just wanted to point out that it is an option. I won't judge the software or a specific user's set up. Telling someone what happened to them is not possible in a properly set up system does nothing but irritate both persons in the conversation.

I hadn't seen this option, becuase my permission weren’t ever this low, that is all.

I think the post illustrates the problem with this option, I not trying to insult anyone 'you' wasn't meant as you personally but royal you.

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

I never realized 777 made the remove option appear in a plugin. I saw it once :). and then tried to figure out what made it happen within the plugin itself.

nice explanation. "Yous" as in Sir x00 and Sir hgtonight.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.