Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No way to scroll on custom page?

I am using the custom page plugin and I have created a custom page. The only problem is my page keeps going down, but there is no way for me to scroll down the page! Does anyone know why this is?

Comments

• Options

can you explain better,
    or provide a screen shot of your issue, or a link to your site.
    or possibly your code as last resort.

someone could probably better help you

But we still don't know what vanilla version you have???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Here is the screnee:

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2013

IE ? that explains some....that scroll bar is part of the browser not the app.

Try adding this to the custom.css

html, body { overflow: auto; }

or

html body { overflow-x:auto;overflow-y:auto; }

or

body {overflow-y: scroll;}

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1389979/force-vertical-scrollbar-to-display-in-ie8

• Options

When I use overflow: auto, no scrollbar shows up which I think means that it must think that the page cannot scroll down anymore which I really have no clue why that would be the case.

• Options
    edited April 2013

Does this happen using any other browser?

This is a known issue with internet explorer the worst browser that ever lived.

You can try all sorts of fixes, which may ruin it for other browsers.
    It could be your theme. Would need to look at it live to see what is going on.

Guessing will just get me to 2000 comments fast...

• Options

No I have tried it in Firefox and Chrome...I NEVER use Internet Explorer. I am also making my own theme, but I have only modified the custom page, nothing else.

• Options

Then it is not because of you. Maybe there is an update for that browser and they fixed it , but it is definitely absolutely positively the browser's fault.

Funny thing is that editing the scroll bar only used to work in IE and now it works on everything but IE . A low quality browser... sad don't you think ?

But you could help change all that !! Just place an image like this on your site let them know they could have a better experience using something , anything, else

• Options

Ok thanks for the help!

• Options
    edited April 2013

I could help more if I had a link to experience the issue. Not being able to look in the code hampers my effort. If this persists on other browsers not IE , then maybe your html and style needs adjustment on your custom page, namely the height of the #Body which you could increase beyond the height of the window in your browser. To 105%

#Body{
    height:105%;
    }

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2013

Notice the the position of "Powered By Vanilla".

I bet you have set the height of one to the div low, and have overflow visible or you have malformed markup.

test this by decreasing the hight of the browser window to the point at which the scrollbar shows.

I could also be that the height extends beyond your screen.

grep is your friend.

• Options

I dont know how to explain in english. I explain in spanish and maybe some member can translated for you.

El problema puede deberse a algun sofwarer secundario, algo asi como el Add block o algun bloqueador de scripts de algun antivirus. Estos casos son muy aislados, pero posibles.

Prueba a presionar F11 para ver la web en modo pantalla completa y a ver si asi tienes scroll. Igualmente, si tu raton tiene rueda en medio de los 2 botones (lo mas obvio) si la presionas hacia dentro, obtienes un scroll por softwarer del raton.

Un saludo!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

@vrijvlinder that is Chrome, not IE.

@x00 great catch on the floating footer.

@Konquet said:
    I dont know how to explain in english. I explain in spanish and maybe some member can translated for you.

The problem may be due to some secondary software, something like the Add block or any script blocker some antivirus. These cases are very rare, but possible.
    Try pressing F11 to see the site in full screen mode and see if you can scroll. Likewise, if your mouse has a wheel in the middle of the 2 buttons (the most obvious) if you press inwards a scrolling icon may show.
    Greetings!

@camrymps I am going to go with malformed html or css issues. Since you are developing on a local host, it is hard to suggest anything more concrete.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.