Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Easy way to switch "About" section and "My Badges" section

Possible to switch these two boxes within each member's profile page? I've looked in /dashboard/controllers/profilecontroller.php and cannot find a way to switch the div classes or anything like that.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

You are looking to reorder the sidepanel?

EDIT - Red Herring

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

lol, I saw that it was referenced in this post: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/170220/#Comment_170220

but as you have already indicated in your edit, it was unfortunately unsuccessful.

• Options

do you want the about box below the badges box?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

do you want the about box below the badges box?

Exactly

This would display the Badges more prominently

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

in your conf/config.php - modify the config statement if it exists or add this one.

$Configuration['Modules']['Profile']['Panel'] = array('MeModule', 'PeregrineBadgesModule', 'AboutModule'');

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine Hats off to you. At least I learned a lot about asset management today!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight
    I didn't see your earlier response w/r/t red herring. maybe i would have learned something too.
    send it to me if you would or re-post the ideas. just curious.

• Options
    edited April 2013

@peregrine

Your code does move the Badges Box, but it moves it above the profile picture every time, regardless of it's location in the array.

• Options

I had posted something to the effect of:

You can change the module sort order with a configuration

$Configuration['Modules']['Garden']['Panel'] = array('UserPhotoModule', 'UserInfoModule', 'GuestModule', 'Ads');

Now you just have to find the module names.

But I learned that the module sort order of any controller can be defined and set up to use a config by using $this->ModuleSortContainer = 'MyController';. Then you can configure the sort order of a module automatically using $Configuration['Modules']['MyController']['Panel'] = array('MeModule', 'PeregrineBadgesModule', 'AboutModule'');

Search first

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

thanks hgtonight - just wondering what you had and now I know.

put UserPhotoModule

first and try it.

You are in command of your own ship.

just think logically, the module order creates the order. put the order of the modules you want with the "module you want on top " ahead of the others in the config statement on the right side of the equation.

• Options

put UserPhotoModule

first and try it.

that did it.

Thank you sooo much!