Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Botstop Registration approval : Download File Inside!*

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited April 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This discussion was created from comments split from: BotStop with Registration Approval.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Hello!

I've got a Register by Approval site and followed all the instructions over here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/168659/#Comment_168659

My problem isn't a bonk. My problem is it doesn't seem to matter if anything is put into the humanity checking box. The application will still go through if there isn't data or wrong data.

I'm wondering if it is related to a change we made in taking out the forum's gender question, even though the BotStop config still has it. All the BotStop files are either straight out of the plugin or the recommended changes.

I can't find any errors anywhere to help debug the problem.

Again to be clear, we have no bonk! However, we do not seem to be getting the benefits of the plugin and I'm trying to figure out why.

Thank you!

• I'm not sure if this is related, but I've changed definitions.php to 'No Bots' but 'Not Bots' is still showing up. Very weird.

• I'm wondering if it is related to a change we made in taking out the forum's gender question, even though the BotStop config still has it. All the BotStop files are either straight out of the plugin or the recommended changes.

perhaps a stupid question on my part, but how do we know what changes you made. You are not pointing to a specific comment with specific instructions in your link, nor are you posting the changes you made to that with reference to gender.

try this

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/167592/#Comment_167592

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I found the 'not Bot' was in the BotStop/views/registerapproval.php. Still can't figure out why the plugin isn't forcing a humanity check.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I can answer the definition question.

Looking at the views, the line "Humanity Check... Not bots allowed!" isn't passed through the T() function, thereby no definition will change it. You are pretty safe fixing typos in plugins, so go for it. :D

You could also do the "proper" thing and just copy that view file into /themes/yourthemeyouuse/views and fix it there.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

since the originator of program hasn't been around since posting this great plugin and people are having problems with install

here is a complete botstop program with register approval method for vanilla 2.0.18.x with modifcations for random number and everything translatable via definitions.

If you use captcha or other approval method - be forewarned - this zip will not work with it, without modifications by you.

however, if you use register approval method for vanilla 2.0.18.x it should work.

I haven't provided all the definitions but just look inside anything with a T(

is translatable with definitions - see the internalization documentation for details on how to use definitions or search the forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @Underdog can you place this discussion within the botstop plugin questions.

• anyone else. if you have problems. read this thread.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23455/botstop-issue

• Title changed, Case closed!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.