Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Spoiler button?

13»

Comments

• @Srggamer said:
    This works on my forum, strange.

What works? What is this? the modification or the original?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

@peregrine the original mate.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@Srggamer

well you have BBCode correct. We are not talking about BBCode. We are talking about a fix for Html, or at least I am. with Html formatting, in that case you wouldn't see the spoiler option in 2.0.18.8

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine said:
    Srggamer

well you have BBCode correct. We are not talking about BBCode. We are talking about a fix for Html. with Html formatting, in that case you wouldn't see the spoiler option in 2.0.18.8

Yes I understand, after looking to find the plugin, It seems to be corrupted.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@Srggamer

Yes I understand, after looking to find the plugin, It seems to be corrupted.

Do you? :).

The original is not corrupted, it is disabled for html, because it was non-functional.
    I made modifications to the buttonbar.js in the zip file I posted to work with html with the spoiler plugin.

Do you want to test the html option with the modification I made ? :).

@peregrine said:
    Srggamer
    Do you want to test the html option with the modification I made ? :).

I sure would but What I meant by corrupted is the Plugin RAR I made to back it up.

• all you need to is copy the original buttonbar.js to x-buttonbar.j

and download the zip which contains one file (only the modified buttonbar.js.

then change the config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Html';

enable the spoilers plugin.

and make sure you reload the page and clear any caching of js

and it is pretty easy to test.

@peregrine said:
    all you need to is copy the original buttonbar.js to x-buttonbar.j

and download the zip which contains one file (only the modified buttonbar.js.

then change the config.php

enable the spoilers plugin.

and make sure you reload the page and clear any caching of js

and it is pretty easy to test.

Tested, On My LocalHost Works, Great!

• thank you for testing and proving it works. @Srggamer

I figured it was a problem with installation by the first person.

I use firefox but people that use chrome manually clear cache might help.

• I dunno, I manually cleared my cache (in Chrome) and it didn't work for me. Literally all I did was switch out the .js file and change the config to HTML (copy/pasting the code exactly as it was here) so I don't see how it could have been an error on my part. Could it possibly be a conflict with some other plugin or configuration I have that others don't?

• config to HTML

mixed case.

• CelesteCeleste New
    edited April 2013

Yeah, that's what I did — as I said, I copy/pasted it exactly. It does change to HTML, so that works. The Button Bar just doesn't work and none of the icons show up.

• @Celeste

you seem to be happy with BBCode format.

If you want to change it to Html and get it working, provide me a link to your server, and we can set up a time to test, so i can view with firebug. Otherwise. Don't worry about it. :).

• I'm good with BBCode, yeah, so as long as it works for others, that's what matters =) I just don't like not knowing why something doesn't work, heh.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2013

@Celeste

well, you could try it again! and then you would find out why "something" doesn't work. sometimes the second and third try works.

look at firebug and see if it loads the updated buttonbar.js.

and then look and see why the images don't load.

But if you are using caching.

I would clear the .ini files from /cache and clear all your other server caches that you might have.

I won't belabor the point any more if you don't :).

and obviously you have to reload your page in your browser to make sure you have the new js loaded.

• Yup, I did all those things. Nothing shows up in the Javascript console when I click the buttons (or where the buttons should be). Cleared the .ini files, cleared my browser cache multiple times, reloaded, tried making brand new forum posts, tried copy/pasting your code into the buttonbar.js instead of just replacing the file, etc. If I load the buttonbar.js file directly (on my server) it shows your code. I didn't just try it once and throw in the towel =)